BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheese Cheesed!

I loved the full reserves back in 5th edition. I would destroy each unit that came on piece by piece, cause no one EVER had them all come in at once hehe. I have one friend notorious for having his stuff come in turn 4, even now...

Fun fact, the whole "hah you have nothing to shoot at" gimmick is still possible, it just takes an entire droppod army to pull off. You are allowed to keep all your droppods in reserve, and even if you go second, you will not automatically have lost at the end of your player's turn, as the victory conditions state that the "auto loss for not having anything on the table" happens at the end of a game turn, and a game turn is defined in the general concepts as "the point where both players have had a turn".

Your turn 1 half your droppods arrive so you will have something on the table at the end of the first game turn.

I only use bare minimum reserves now; too risky and without that assault from reserve you are going to suffer what is effectively 2 rounds of shooting before you get into combat. That's fine for IG or other shooty armies that aren't going to assault, but castrated Genestealers to the point of being ordinary foot soldiers.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Thing is those kroots are more than 2" apart and you can see that from the picture.

So not legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainhann View Post
    Thing is those kroots are more than 2" apart and you can see that from the picture.

So not legal.
    I expect they're borderline close enough. I'm sure the TO would've checked to make sure. 2" is quite a distance when you literally have the 2 bases just touching it.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Battle-Brother

You can hold your entire army in reserves?!
    Edit: Oh, this isn't 7th...
    Last edited by Victus Mortecarium; 08-05-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Chapter-Master

So not legal.
    So you were physically present, and not only was the only one competent enough to check coherency but also didn't tell anyone that you checked it and they were too far apart once you did? 2" is a lot more than I think you think it is.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    ...2" is a lot more than I think you think it is.
    I bet you say that to all the girls...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12