BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Representing Nazdreg on the table-top in 7th?

Hey, y'all!

Working on a Ork list - new 'dex, but old, old models! I've got the old Nazdreg model (Bad Moons mega-armored warlord) and some of the old Bad Moons mega-armored nobz, and I'd like to put Nazdreg back on the tabletop - but he has no rules in 7th!

Would this be a good way to "rep" Nazdreg on the table-top?

Warboss
    +Mega armor, power klaw, Twin-linked shoota (as model)
    +Cybork Body (he's had a little work done!)
    +Gitfinda (to try to approximate old BS4 rating)
    +Da Dead Shiny Shoota (to try to approximate his Kustom Blasta X)
    +Da Finkin' Cap (to try to approximate his old "kunnin' plans" rule)
    +Da Lucky Stick (because he's a kunnin' bad-***, and it'll help a LOT!)

Comes out to about 150 points. Am I on the right track, or would you change anything?

You seem to have three Gifts of Gork and Mork there, where the book says a model may take one.

Chaplain

Whoops - that's definitely a problem. Hmm...which two to get rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    You seem to have three Gifts of Gork and Mork there, where the book says a model may take one.
    Is the book for sure "you may take only one"? There have been similar quibbles with Space Marines and CSM in the past, and they have been borne out as "you can take as many until points run out". I'm honestly asking, I don't have the Orks book yet, so I don't know if the wording is in line with those books or different.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chaplain

Naw, he's right - it says plain as day that "a model may take one [emphasis added] of the following:"

Wishful thinking on my part!

I'm leaning towards keeping the 'Finking Cap and ditching the other two. Still...he needs more dakka.

Veteran-Sergeant

Right, here goes.

The waaagh ghazkull book says that nazdreg prefers to go to war as the pilot of his own stompa. In fact one of the alter of wars has this, he counts as your warlord.

Alternatively his fluff and earlier incarnations would have him this way ,
    Mega armour, cybork, bosspoll.
    He had a higher bs back in the day, so I suggest a gitfinda to help show this.
    He's rich and loaded with gear so likely maxed out with ammo grots.
    His custom blasta x gun is the most intresting thing, as nothing like it really exists now. You could represent it with any kind of shoota, but personaly the new waaagh ghaz shoota (forget the name) is likely the best to represent the mad experemtal gun that was the kustom blasta x.

On another note the waaagh ghaz book detachment is the best to represent his army too, as it allows you to teleport your units, a fluffy thing nazdreg did himself and invented more or less

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Badtucker; 07-24-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Chaplain

Excellent suggestions! Lemme check out the ghaz detachment - that could be just the ticket!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Honestly I think the relics become far more interesting when they are 1 per character anyway. Also does a good job of killing the unkillable chapter masters
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I dunno, with the Bike + Artificer + Shield Eternal combo, a CM doesn't need any other relics. You could give him a chainsword and he's still going to hang in there long enough to beat down anything else (save for D weapons)
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

edit: Right so most people are only running the shield or Chian these days and not the other odds and ends, ah well.
    Last edited by daboarder; 07-24-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast