BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which SW Flyer is the Best?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • StormWolf - ASSAULT ASSAULT ASSAULT!

17 70.83%
  • StormFang - GUNS GUNS GUNS!

7 29.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stormwolf or Stormfang

So we've all seen the rules (probably).

Disregarding aesthetics, which would you use?
    Do you use the high capacity assault vehicle (8 terminators! 16 bloodclaw horde!) with some guns
    or the flying ice cannon with a small transport capacity(iron priest and thrals to repair?)?

I'm stuck in the middle, leaning towards the ice cannon and iron priest or a small troop choice.
    Never enough time to do nothing.

Veteran-Sergeant

High transport capacity. 15 Crusader Marines and a Chaplain in a Land Raider Crusader is the mosst fun a Black Templar player can have with their trousers on. Now the Space Wolves can do the same only with +3 saves all round and IN THE SKY!

Initiate

Flying ice canon just to mess people up :')

I shall combine the best of both worlds and make a Wolffang. Fangwolf? Name is pending, but the idea is there!

Librarian

depending on how Grey hunters and/or Blood Claws change in the new book, The transport option sounds best, Long Fangs/Dreadnoughts already provide good firepower, Forgeworld has the AA covered with their airships, So i don't see the need for another infantry/heavy infantry focused flyer. Plus the 16 spaced transport option is pretty unique and will definitely turn some heads and force someone to deal with it.

I say Both, but that's what I always say with new toys. I'm leaning towards the transport first just because the idea fits the Vlka Fenryka better

Brother-Captain

Ice cannons... I now look upon the future Blood Angels release with fear in my heart... both for GI Joe models and campy overly-cliché'd 'themed' weapons...
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Occuli Imperator

Shooting over melee is the conventional wisdom.

But I run DC hordes so anything that gets you to the enemy quicker is the boss.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Though I still haven't read the difference between the Helfrost Destructor or Helfrost Cannon, the 16 dude transport is pretty amazing and it still has some good firepower to dish out.

Though once I find out what the Destructor does I may change my mind. Could be the new Heldrake

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    Though I still haven't read the difference between the Helfrost Destructor or Helfrost Cannon, the 16 dude transport is pretty amazing and it still has some good firepower to dish out.

Though once I find out what the Destructor does I may change my mind. Could be the new Heldrake
    In their new pay to win plan, I'm almost certain it is the new Helldrake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast