BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Giving Unbound a bash.

Evening.

So, grabbed a copy of Stormclaw today, as a start to an Orky army (dunno what I'll do with the Space Woofs though!)

And local GW showed me the forthcoming Badrukk box, which comes with some really cool looking, and set exclusive, Ammo Grots. And yes I will be picking this up on Saturday!

Which leads me to my thinking. There's not enough from those two sets to kick off a standard FoC, though a box or six of Boyz would soon fix that. But I figure I've got a FoC matching Necron army, and Unbound is all shiny and new....

Additional thought? If any army can fit Unbound, it's Orkses, and those new kits are very spangly. So I'm going to throw caution to the wind, and just pick and choose all my favourite looking Ork units, and then call it an army. No particular theme in mind, though Badrukk does make it tempting to go Freebooter....

Anyone else mucked around with the Unbound yet?

Also, importantly - I don't do formal play as such, certainly nothing like an organised event. So not being able to participate in most isn't a worry for me. YMMV though, and rightly so, because I'm just jibber jabbering about my army!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

For fun we have played Unbound, but I've yet to see any event allow them. To be perfectly honest, there is very little difference between an Unbound and Battle Forged list these days unless you are going all out on the crazy mix.

I'm mostly looking forward to a cobbled together challenge!

I tend to play quite defensively with my Necrons, advancing and withdrawing to keep the enemy at arms reach as long as poss.

Orks, and indeed Unbound Orks will likely require me to be a good deal more aggressive and decisive. After all, no objective secured for me, so need to break heads (albeit with a decent amount of the old Dakka!).

Tempted by three Gorkanauts, painted up in a piratical theme. I love the models, and it'll give me a chance to sing 'I've got a Luvverly bunch of Gorkanauts'.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Tempted by three Gorkanauts, painted up in a piratical theme. I love the models, and it'll give me a chance to sing 'I've got a Luvverly bunch of Gorkanauts'.
    LOL that's funny, Mystery.

I'd quite like to see Pirate versions of the Nauts, bet they would look amazing.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Tempted by three Gorkanauts, painted up in a piratical theme.
    With tiny little hats worn at a jaunty angle?!

TINY LITTLE HATS?!!

AT A JAUNTY ANGLE?!!!

ADORABLE!!!
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Possible.

Defo an eye patch. On the 'one eyed' head naturally!

Ooh. I've got spare Look Out Gnoblar nests.....

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    For fun we have played Unbound, but I've yet to see any event allow them. To be perfectly honest, there is very little difference between an Unbound and Battle Forged list these days unless you are going all out on the crazy mix.
    I really can't see what everyone is so miffed over with unbound; a battleforged list can be just as cheesy or OP. take for eg an Eldar BF list with 2 CAD's or even 3. Serpent's R us. I've played with and against both so far and not had any issues; largely due to the guys I play with who don't do silly anyhow. And my lists are if anything either battleforged or fluff driven. (you really should see my Nid unbound list though it can't win for toffee).
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Thats why they restrict it to a single FOC + Allies or Formation

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Thats why they restrict it to a single FOC + Allies or Formation
    Ah, play my way or no way at all. Why even bother playing with the newer edition if people have to place house rules in? Just stick with 6th, 5th, 4th, or even 3rd edition.

What makes people right when they restrict and what makes people wrong when they don't want to restrict and play as is?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Simpel. MY tournament, my rules. If you dont like them, stay out.
    Why is that a hard concept to grasp?

Also simple solution. Play with people who want to play your way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast