BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2000 Imperial Guard Heavy Armor V2

Tank Commander (Command Vanquisher with a Hull-mounted Lascannon, Hunter-Killer Missile, & Camo Netting, Battle Tank with Camo Netting) – 365

Veterans (Veteran Sergeant, 9 Veterans, Autocannon) – 70
    Veterans (Veteran Sergeant, 9 Veterans, Autocannon) – 70

Vendetta Squadron (Vendetta) – 170

Leman Russ Squadron (2 Leman Russ Exterminators, Hull-mounted Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsors, Camo Netting) – 350
    Leman Russ Squadron (2 Leman Russ Exterminators, Hull-mounted Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsors, Camo Netting) – 350

Baneblade (2 Lascannon and 2 Heavy Bolter Sponsors) – 575

Aegis Defense Line – 50

= 2000

The Hunter-Killer on the Command Vanquisher is there because I had 10 points leftover and figured it would be more useful than 2 heavy stubbers.

So far I have everything but 4 Leman Russes, figured I would throw this list up again for input before I purchased the last bit. I toyed around with the idea of using the IA Armored Battlegroup but with some people being opposed to forgeworld I figure I will just stick with the AM/IG codex.

Is the Baneblade the only variant you have? I much prefer the hellhammer. Its half the range, a slightly smaller blast, but its higher strength means it can instant kill T5 models and it ignores cover!

In terms of your tank commander, I would spend the extra points and get Pask in a punisher instead of a commander in a vanquisher. Pask in that loadout can almost one turn one kill things like wraithknights/riptides, vehicles etc. Plus he gives the squad PE which is awesome. Then you don't have a ton of low AP, so I would take an executioner with him to deal with thinks that have 2+ saves. I would also break out your exterminators into more squads so they can move easier and target more things.

I would start with something like this:
    HQ 1 Pask-Punisher with HB Sponsons, Stubber 235
    1 Executioner 155

H 1 Exterminator with HB Sponsons and hull lascannon 160
    1 Exterminator with HB Sponsons and hull lascannon 160
    1 Exterminator with HB Sponsons and hull lascannon 160

F 1 Vendetta 170

T 10 Veterans 60
    10 Veterans 60

LOW 1 Hellhammer, Sponsons and H Stubber 595

Fort 1 Aegis 50

Comes to 1805. Then you can decide what is next most important-IMO I would get a 2nd vendetta, but you could get some more camo gear for the tanks (like you wanted) and have enough points for more vets, or maybe just an Infantry platoon or plasma sponsons for the executioner. You want to be able to bubble wrap your tanks in case the enemy is melta's in drop pods, you need to keep them more than 6 inches away.

I'm not a fan of pask in a punisher due to his low range (the other guard player has tried punisher pask multiple games and he hasnt lasted 1-2 turns before he dies), I wouldnt mind dropping the hunter-killer and 2 exterminator cloaks for pask in the VQ.

I normally don't run into alot of 2+ armor saves (just 1-2 riptides and the occasional crisis commander) - more eldar / de / orks / necrons / guard

The only baneblade variant I have is the regular one ... scooped it on ebay preassembled in good shape for $80 with free shipping, ive been trying to figure out how the get the barrel off and magnetize it to swap back and forth to a hellblade.

Brother-Captain

Why not go full armored via the Imperial Armour Volume One - 2nd Edition book? Literally all tanks and way better equipment options.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Whereswaldo View Post
    I'm not a fan of pask in a punisher due to his low range (the other guard player has tried punisher pask multiple games and he hasnt lasted 1-2 turns before he dies), I wouldnt mind dropping the hunter-killer and 2 exterminator cloaks for pask in the VQ.

I normally don't run into alot of 2+ armor saves (just 1-2 riptides and the occasional crisis commander) - more eldar / de / orks / necrons / guard

The only baneblade variant I have is the regular one ... scooped it on ebay preassembled in good shape for $80 with free shipping, ive been trying to figure out how the get the barrel off and magnetize it to swap back and forth to a hellblade.
    Your army would get torn apart by anything with 2+ riptides, 2+ wraithlords, imperial knights would give you problems, heck even nid MC spam would be tough. A 2nd vendetta would do great against all of those, as does pask in a punisher, you don't need to be aggressive with him, even if he stays back its worth it because a lot of people will be scared of him and stay back which is what you want. Then if anything gets within 24 inches, you blast the crap out of it. Give him a hull lascannon and Heavy bolter sponsons and he can do something at 36 if nothing is in range.