BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How is 40k doing in your local Wargaming Community

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Going strong with more players getting in to it.

25 22.32%
  • Going well with a solid group of players.

29 25.89%
  • It's doing alright.

22 19.64%
  • Very few Players play it.

18 16.07%
  • Hardly anyone plays it nowdays.

18 16.07%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question How Is 40k Doing In Your Local Wargaming Community?

I'm a huge fan of 40k, I've always enjoyed the game and think 7th is alright. However over the last six months there has been a huge drop in interest for the game in my local gaming community, you used to see 6 -10 games being played at our local club but recently there is maybe 1-3 games being played on gaming nights.

Instead a lot of people having started playing popular wargames from other companies (which I won't name) due to the recent opening of some local independent gaming stores.
    I didn't think to much of it but then I attended a 40k tournament today which has always been a huge hit in recent years but this year there was very little interest as there was just enough players to make the tournament work, which surprised me.

So I'm curious to know how 40k is doing in other Wargaming Communities, is it still going strong or has it been on the decline these past few months?

FYI - THIS IS NOT A ANTI-GW THREAD NOR DO I WISH TO BE, I'm just curious to know how 40k is doing in other gaming communities.
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

It's DEAD where I live. People use to play it around end of 5th a lot, but when 6th came out I stopped playing since others stopped. Some of us tried to restart it but with 7th edition now, nobody took the plunge to restart it.

So it's still dead here.

*edit* There should have been a Dead option. So I had to vote, not many playing even though NOBODY is playing now.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Veteran-Sergeant

Very, very strong indeed where I'm from. Steady influx of young kids starting out plus none of the regulars have left and tend to show up at least a couple of times a week. I guess I'm pretty lucky, but 40k seems to be going from strength to strength here.

Chapter-Master

In general, completely dead here, most players have moved onto Dropzone Commander, Dystopian Wars, Infinity, Malifaux ect - In my own group our tastes lay more in hard SF nowadays so there is very little out there bar a few rpgs ect.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Another for baeically dead.

There's 4 of us left basically.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I didn't vote because I'm not sure. As far as I'm aware, other people are still playing, but I have no interest in 7th personally and am now getting in to other (non-GW) games.

All fine and dandy in my neck of the woods, far as I can tell.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I didn't vote either as my response is there are a lot of players just too little time, many of us work two jobs(not to support a plastic crack habit, but to get ahead), or schedules conflict and holidays are the only time we have of together, etc. I know many enthusiastic people I'd love to play... But with kids, wives and being a grown up out just doesn't happen as often as ANY of its would like.

Chaplain

There are pockets of players all around where I live, some weak, some strong.

My hometown, hardly anyone plays. It's pretty much all Warmachine now, just a couple people holding onto there 40K models is what it's been reduced to.

The local club I gamed with for a few years has disbanded. Between the price hikes and then the sudden drop of 7th edition, most all of them threw in the towel. There was/is some effort to reform the club, but it's proving futile.

A little farther away from where I live there is a very strong, fairly large community. They're all hardcore tournament players though, which isn't how I choose to play and so generally can't find a game unfortunately.

I've been gaming for so long that I've seen games rise and fall and rise again within different communities. It's not really telling of anything other than a communities current interest. No doom and gloom here, just a spot light momentarily pointing in a different direction.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Very well over my way, new faces mixed in with the old. Ever since 7th dropped, more seem to have started to play in store and in the local group.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast