BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Yup.

Once sold a pair of specs to the Dad of 'Combat Barbie'. And he wanted a discount because his daughter had a medal.

No, he didn't get one. The price is the price. I don't care who your daughter is, or what she does. Because you're the speccyblindo wanting the discount, not her. If she asked for a discount on her specs, I'd have spoken with my manager. If she asked for a discount on her specs in the way you had sir, I'd have told her to bog off and all.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

It is for this reason why I am very rarely allowed to respond to customer complaints.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Having worked retail when I was younger, just no. no no no no no.
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    This right here.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

I used to draw a map to our competitors with see you in twenty minutes written on it because their prices were a good 50% higher and a slower service.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    It is for this reason why I am very rarely allowed to respond to customer complaints.
    Oh I am, but generally it's where we have actually stuffed up.

However I am noted for be rather adept at, ahem managing expectations. All balanced off by moving hell and high water when it is all our fault and we've got nowhere to hide!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

It is never my fault. It is the general public being stupid.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    It is never my fault. It is the general public being stupid.
    You'd be amazed how much the complainant is settled down by the frank 'yep. We stuffed up. Sorry'. Even if I can't do much about it, just that admission seems to satisfy them. Possibly a symptom of a world where it's always the next person's fault?

Occuli Imperator

It might do, but I am not going to say it was my or our fault when the issue is the complainers stupidity.

I used to work in selling domestic electricals. TVs, Blu-rays, all that sorta thing. The worst type of customer was the one who came in claiming to know everything and regurgitating internet rumours, and who was there just to show off what he knew and waste your time.

The most annoying part was when you had a group who brought along their Tech Guy. The Tech Guy was one such person who probably knew how to Ctrl-Alt-Del a Windows PC and was thus elevated to the grade of Techpriest Adept in their eyes. Tech Guy would often quite rudely point out how things were cons, and how the TV you were suggesting to them was overpriced and that dime-a-dozen brand next to it at half the price was exactly the same screen, despite one being Plasma and the other being LCD, as well as one being noticeably different - "you messed with the settings to make it look worse" - and it being of a crap brand we would have tonnes of returns on.

I am so, so very glad I don't work with the public anymore. It's not stupidity that's the problem, it's the illusion of knowledge.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Ah you see I have issue with the average muppet trying to sell you electrical goods like when they told the psuedomother-in-law you must use alkaline batteries in your digital camera, so no matter how many times you tell her lithium work and last longer - but the man in the shop said use alkalines (because obviously the minimum wage sales clerk never has a battery sales target) the fact she was buying it from comet/currys in the first place already shows a lack of knowledge.
    It's like you can excuse anyone buying their first PC from PC world but after that theirs no excuse...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast