BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

its all about attitude and communication and GW goes out of their way to shut down that communication.

Even just posting the designers notes for rules and miniatures, explaining why they make half the choices they do would go a long way to addressing these issues,
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

The numbers are about what I expected. I'll be interested in the next report because I intend to compare the massive reduction in sales bump from a new edition as compared to new editions int he past. Unlike some, I try to be very specific in my prognostications. This report is within the exact same margin of error of my predictions of the outcome of the Chapterhouse legal affair. My personal suggestions for Games Workshop are:

1. Hire for SKILL and not for attitude.
    2. Recognize that one approach for different countries (i.e. different markets) is being dressed for failure.
    3. Remember the golden rule, "the customers, on the whole, are always right".

Whatever mid-life crisis the company is going through, they need to get over it.

Occuli Imperator

No, the golden rule is "Once you have their money, never give it back" the Ferengi have tought us well.

#2 is something Dab, DL and others have discussed many times and I do agree.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

As much as I love 40k/Fantasy it does not surprise me to see numbers down.
    I think they might have gone over the line of how much can they charge. When ever I hear I mum/dad/grandparent its always this " that's nice... O god look at that price ". Its a luxury item and hence cost more then normal ( I'm ok with that ) but I think its gone a tad too high.

My 2 pence.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    3. Remember the golden rule, "the customers, on the whole, are always right".
    Having worked retail when I was younger, just no. no no no no no.
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

The next year's accounts will be the interesting ones; those which include the new website, the new 40k edition and supporting materials, etc. They're still in profit, but the question is whether changing their business practices will arrest the downturn. This might be a blip, might be something more serious. We need a few in a row to see.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Also if they're making people redundant that's potentially expensive if they've been there a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Having worked retail when I was younger, just no. no no no no no.
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Yup, toxic American bull**** that I hope never catches on here.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yup, toxic American bull**** that I hope never catches on here.
    The customer is usually on completely the wrong end of the stick, and barking up the wrong tree.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Exactly.
    Its widely acknowledged that the customer is in fact a ****ing idiot

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast