BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Studio Workshop - How to: Freehand Hazard Stripes

Welcome back to the Studio Workshop!

In this video we're freehanding some hazard stripes. While difficult at times, freehanding patterns and details can be made much easier through careful planning. In this case I made sure to start each stripe in line with the teeth of the chainblade on one side and end each each stripe in line with a tooth that is one step closer to the base of the blade. I then skip one tooth and start the next stripe with the next tooth. If those teeth hadn't been there, then a ruler and a pencil would have been used instead.

Next week we're learning how to paint basic blood effects! Keep your eyes to your Subscribed feed!

Thanks for watching! If you liked this video, please subscribe and like our channel. If you found the video useful, please share it with your friends!

To keep up to date with everything Game Face Nation is up to. please sign up for our newsletter over at [url]www.gamefacenation.com[/url] It'll be worth it, we promise!

Until next time, get your game face on!

why not masking tape and cut the lines you want? then you don't have to worry about messing up your black lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Miele View Post
    why not masking tape and cut the lines you want? then you don't have to worry about messing up your black lines.
    If he used tape, then it wouldn't be freehand. Personally, I hate using masking tape. I always end up redoing it freehand and it turns out better.

If the object was bigger, or if this was for a competition model then I would use masking tape. However, this is a freehand tutorial and on something this small freehand is far faster then masking.

Great question though!