BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

I carry a pacifier in my tourney pack... If someone's going to have a fit, I'm still going to have some fun. I was raised in a home with a super strict no whining policy... on the flip side I have no tolerance for it either.

I actually enjoy facing OP lists and trying to find ways to work around them and still win the mission. I know this isn't everyone's thing but it is an aspect of the unbalanced hobby we have that I find enjoyable. On the flip side I do not like to play OP lists because for me it's boring to have an artificial advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I carry a pacifier in my tourney pack... If someone's going to have a fit, I'm still going to have some fun. I was raised in a home with a super strict no whining policy... on the flip side I have no tolerance for it either.

I actually enjoy facing OP lists and trying to find ways to work around them and still win the mission. I know this isn't everyone's thing but it is an aspect of the unbalanced hobby we have that I find enjoyable. On the flip side I do not like to play OP lists because for me it's boring to have an artificial advantage.
    I'm much the same.

Gimme a challenge, see if I can crack that army wide open. Sometimes I can, other times takes a few attempts. Long as your opponent isn't a membrum virile* about things, it's all good fun.

*For instance, the Stunty player who feels castling on the two hills he insisted be in his deployment zone strutting around like a tactical genius.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

It really is way less about the games rules and who you play with, i kinda like this "unbalanced" ruleset a lot, allows for a lot of variety. While it allows for some really hard to beat lists if it's in the right group of players it's also a lot of fun.

As to the original post, I've never seen it in person. If someone in my group fields a list that might be considered unfair we always let each other know, a simple hey I'm taking multiple knights, or I'm taking a whatever-star. Makes it more fun for both sides, I can't really imagine it being fun to roll over your opponent with knights when he doesn't have enough to actually threaten them.

I don't really do random pick up games at the local shop, we kinda have our group. And at tournaments I just expect it, making a take all comers list in the current rules set is amazingly hard. If your TO allows allies and super heavies, there will probably be some lists you just won't be setup to handle. Same goes for them though. Even if they don't allow allies there's still some nasty lists so it's not a fix all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    It really is way less about the games rules and who you play with, i kinda like this "unbalanced" ruleset a lot, allows for a lot of variety. While it allows for some really hard to beat lists if it's in the right group of players it's also a lot of fun.

As to the original post, I've never seen it in person. If someone in my group fields a list that might be considered unfair we always let each other know, a simple hey I'm taking multiple knights, or I'm taking a whatever-star. Makes it more fun for both sides, I can't really imagine it being fun to roll over your opponent with knights when he doesn't have enough to actually threaten them.

Yeah normaly i will say I will hint i am taking a low model count high point costing models so they know that its going to be a elite army but not sure what army after all i dont tell them units because of fear of list taloring if i am using my knights and seeing his hole army with nothing but melta and lascannons :P

I don't really do random pick up games at the local shop, we kinda have our group. And at tournaments I just expect it, making a take all comers list in the current rules set is amazingly hard. If your TO allows allies and super heavies, there will probably be some lists you just won't be setup to handle. Same goes for them though. Even if they don't allow allies there's still some nasty lists so it's not a fix all.
    I normaly when bringing my knights hint "I am bringing a low model count high point costing army" this tells them it is a elite army but not what units they could think i am bringing grey knights or a unbound list of big models saves them thinking "oh hes bringing knights i best load every model with melta and las cannons".
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

"oh hes bringing knights i best load every model with melta and las cannons".
    To be fair, fighting an ork horde with nothing but melta and lascannon is a pretty damned heroic way to play.

"Oh your squad of thirty Gretchin? Yes, my three lascannon will handle them just fine."

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

i saw in a Miniwargaming Apoc match that a impiral gaurdsmen killed a titan :P i think it was a 100k point match one.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

I've killed a Stompa with a squad of Demolitions Veterans before, that was amusing. Put 7HP of damage onto it, though the squad was massacred in turn. I'd worn it down to 3HP with fire from Pask and a Demolisher, with a Devildog sneaking behind it. Bugger took a lot of fire...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12