BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default work on my mek bike with KFF

Yesterday I posted Pictures of my mek bike with KFF. On that post I got some comments that it needed a little more oomph to make the Kustom Force Field (KFF) stand out. While I am happy with what I have done, I have had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind pretty much telling me the same thing. I acquired a KFF from a morkanaut that I am thinking about cutting up to make the iconic KFF towers now I just have to figure out how to place them.

This is where you guys come in. I really need some feedback on what the best looking option would be. I have mocked up 5 different versions that I can work with. Keep in mind, I only have the 3 towers since I am not ready to try to make one myself.

Ver 1 contraption tower out the back.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kff1.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	10336
    I like this one since it has the diamond contraption on the top. My worry is that the original rotor assembly will look out of place.

Ver 2 Single tower out the back

Name:	kff2.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	10337
    This one looks pretty simple. I think this one is worse on looking out of place. This time the tower looks a bit wonky. Maybe if I make it come out at more of an angle and further down it would be OK.

V3 2 small towers out the sides.

Name:	kff3.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	10338
    This one is not too obtrusive and would get the feeling across. Should be pretty easy to drill a straight hole and plug these guys in. The question would be is it enough.

V4 2 small towers at an angle.

Name:	kff4.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	10339
    This is a little different. This would have them coming out of the engine instead of the stalk but in a 45 degree angle. Not a bad look. I could do either this one or ver. 3 reversed. (Angled off the stalk or straight out from engine.) This is just where I thought they looked the best at this time.

V5 contraption on old assembly

Name:	kff5.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	10340
    It is a possibility but I think it looks silly even for an ork. I am not even sure if this one even should be a choice.

So after seeing all of these options I ask you guys which one is the best.

you can find my blog at [URL="http://xenoftw.blogspot.com/"]http://xenoftw.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Thanks.
    Last edited by Grenndal; 08-01-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Grenndal

I like the idea of using the Deffkopta rotor assembly holder bit, as this makes that more of a focus for the model. However, as Orkz say, "More iz MOOAAARRR!"; so maybe you could try to shoehorn in as many of those bits as possible all over the bike.

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up using most of the KFF bit and now he is ready to paint.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-03 22.32.42.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	10389
    Grenndal