BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My first choice to counter DP would be to use a squad of Grey Knight Terminators or Paladins. I also suspect that an IG army loaded down with max. lascannons could also ruin his day. It also depends on how smartly the daemon player protects and screens his DP with lesser units like daemonettes.

Another thing that has lessened the DP effectiveness (IMO) is that in 7th ed. he can no longer go from Swooping to Glide mode (or is that vice-versa?) and still assault in the same turn. That is huge and leaves him vulnerable to fire for a turn (just as if he had used Deepstrike). Of course, in my last game I also used some psyker ability to increase his invuln. save from a 5+ to a 4+. That was fun and new to me!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Boscolamb View Post
    My first choice to counter DP would be to use a squad of Grey Knight Terminators or Paladins. I also suspect that an IG army loaded down with max. lascannons could also ruin his day. It also depends on how smartly the daemon player protects and screens his DP with lesser units like daemonettes.

Another thing that has lessened the DP effectiveness (IMO) is that in 7th ed. he can no longer go from Swooping to Glide mode (or is that vice-versa?) and still assault in the same turn. That is huge and leaves him vulnerable to fire for a turn (just as if he had used Deepstrike). Of course, in my last game I also used some psyker ability to increase his invuln. save from a 5+ to a 4+. That was fun and new to me!
    But not everyone can, nor should field Grey Knights (not that I've found your's to be useful in our combined games as they stayed on the Ship watching the last quarter of a football game while the Sisters were down on the planet fighting for their very lives waiting for the promised reinforcements... But I digress...).

Also, now it seems there were issues wight Deamonettes being difficult to deal with with all the re-rolls they had.

Easy way to beat Daemon prince Strength 10 weapons and instant death weapons they do not have eternal warrior so you can one shot them also take a Quad-gun with someone with BS 5

If you hit them at the end of the phase they must take a grounding test this can chip another wound off them also invest in taking a lord of war as daemon prince can be stomped by walkers and the bigger MC.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Another useful counter is Hammer of Wrath attacks. Bug players using Carnifexes (particularly the shootyfex kind) can move forward and then Hammer of Wrath for a D3 such STR-9 attacks each. Such attacks also hit invisible units which is a good extra counter as my own Daemon Princes are often invisible. So far, I've lost Daemon Princes to Hammer of Wrath attacks made by Carnifexes, Bikers, and even a STR-10 single hit from a Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    But not everyone can, nor should field Grey Knights (not that I've found your's to be useful in our combined games as they stayed on the Ship watching the last quarter of a football game while the Sisters were down on the planet fighting for their very lives waiting for the promised reinforcements... But I digress...).
    Maybe they were just unmotivated to make their Reserve rolls to rescue the cannon fodder the Sisters were? It would also help if my GK ever actually got a chance to fight actual Daemons. All I ever seem to battle are CSM or Orks. No daemon player ever challenges my GK because they must be so damned awesome and lethal to them (I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post

you should be glad, had they shown up they proably woulda killed your sisters and bathed in their blood

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Any flier heavy army will drop like a tonne of bricks against a Tau list. the huge volume of fire and ignores cover just shreds them
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Any flier heavy army will drop like a tonne of bricks against a Tau list. the huge volume of fire and ignores cover just shreds them
    Not to mention the easy, risk-free access to Skyfire when you want it.

@ original post

What army are you running, it will be easier to say where your best options lie?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12