BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Tyranid Psykers auto get Primaris?

I am not a Tyranid player and am just prepping to face them.
    Since all of the Tyranid Psykers take their powers from the same list, does that mean that they will also always get the Primaris?
    How about Zoanthropes who have a specific power and then also can take an additional one. Would they then have 3 (Warp Blast, Primaris, other)?

Chapter-Master

Yes. You gain the primaris power of a discipline if you select all of your powers from the same discipline.

Zoanthropes get 2 powers—they come with Warp Blast. They get another. And then, for picking all of their powers from the Tyranid Discipline, they gain Primaris.

This is actually why there was an addendum to the Tyranid Codex stating that the primaris power will grant 6" synapse to creatures without synapse. Why? Because units, like the Broodlord, automatically get the primaris power along with codex listed power.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 08-01-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

Thank you. I guess the Zoanthropes need it since a unit of them can only cast Warp Blast once/turn (thank goodness!).

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Thank you. I guess the Zoanthropes need it since a unit of them can only cast Warp Blast once/turn (thank goodness!).
    What? No. A unit of Zoeys can explicitly Warp Blast as many times as there are Zoeys in the unit.
    "Let blood and fire obliterate the world! I will never desist till I have dragged to my palace by her hair the barbarian queen, the daughter of dogs!"

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by The Tisroc View Post
    What? No. A unit of Zoeys can explicitly Warp Blast as many times as there are Zoeys in the unit.
    Well poop! They should really have asked my permission to include that exception in the codex!

"Let blood and fire obliterate the world! I will never desist till I have dragged to my palace by her hair the barbarian queen, the daughter of dogs!"

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by The Tisroc View Post
    And does it then only use 1 Warp Charge even if there are 3 models in the unit (thus making Warp Blast an Assault 3)?

Yes. That is about the only advantage of taking a unit of three instead of just one.

- - - Updated - - -

Psychic Brood (page 45): A Zoanthrope brood follows all the rules ofr Brotherhood of Psychers except that the unit has a Mastery Level of 2. In addition, if a brood of Zoanthropes uses the Warp Blast power (pg 69), the number of shots fired is equal to the number of Zoanthropes in that brood."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

2 warpcharges...but yes its 2 warpcharges regardless of the number of zoanthropes
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    2 warpcharges...but yes its 2 warpcharges regardless of the number of zoanthropes
    2, correct. Sorry, again I have not yet faced the new Tyranid codex. Plenty of experience fighting the old one, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast