BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What keeps you gaming?

Evening all, and indeed, How Do?

So GW have taken a bit of a hit of late, yet many of us keep on plugging away.

But why? What is it about 40k that keeps you gaming away and fighting the good (or bad) fight?

I mean, the prices aren't cheap and there's various and sundry alternative games out there. I myself have recently branched out into X-Wing. £10 a model, no need to build or paint, everything you need per ship. Lovely.

But 40k? I just keep coming back time and time again. Orks this time around. Love the background, love the models, love the playstyle!

So what has you hooked?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

I mean, the prices aren't cheap and there's various and sundry alternative games out there.
    What else are you going to spend your hard earned money on, hookers and blow?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    What else are you going to spend your hard earned money on, hookers and blow?
    This.

Also the fact that if I go to another system I'll end up blowing $10k on minis and supplies for that game, and my wife would kill me.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Occuli Imperator

What keeps me in is the vain hope that totalwargamer will send me my rule book, only 2 months late.... Digital only is a bit of a drag.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    What keeps me in is the vain hope that totalwargamer will send me my rule book, only 2 months late.... Digital only is a bit of a drag.
    Total Wargamer have gone out of business, they're not fulfilling any more orders and haven't been able to get anything from GW for the last 6 weeks as their account was closed due to them being the ****ing worst. Sorry mate.

Swines kept that quiet!

Have you got a source for that?

[url=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?373585-Total-Wargamer-Problems./page5&]Had a wee Google, and you may be sort of right[/url].
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-01-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Look who is going on a road trip to Evesham tomorrow...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I have an army and lots of bits. As long as there are a few of my friends playing or the odd game available I'll play. If the games aren't available I'll probably liquidate or just keep the bare minimum for those rare games that come up. I play to game with my friends or in the local META. So that is all that keeps me playing. The minute the local gaming shifts (as our seems to be going to Warmachine/Hordes and Bolt Action) I'll be playing that. It is the people that matter. Games are just games and all are dime a dozen.
    Last edited by Caitsidhe; 08-01-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Look who is going on a road trip to Evesham tomorrow...
    Knocky knocky!

Who there!

ME. Gies ma stuff ya prick!

I keep playing these games so I can hang out with my friends: cool froods like Caithsidhe and Plasticaddict. I will keep gaming as long as my compadres keep gaming.
    "Let blood and fire obliterate the world! I will never desist till I have dragged to my palace by her hair the barbarian queen, the daughter of dogs!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast