BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Renewer + Perils, dead or alive?

So, I was playing a little match today, and an odd situation turned up.

My opponent's spiritseer had 1 wound remaining, and so he decided to cast Renewer to gain a wound back. However he rolled two 6's and suffered perils, and rolled 1(Dragged into the warp) on the table. He then passed the leadership test, so the spiritseer automatically took a wound and should of died, however Renewer was still casted successfully, so should he of came up to 1 wound again from 0, or went up to 2 wounds then down to 1?

So for simplicity we decided to roll a die to see if the spiritseer lived or not, as it was confusing as hell to try and unravel all of the wording, but I would like to know, what is the actual answer to this situation?

Page 24 of the BRB says that Perils rolls are resolved before Deny the Witch rolls and before the power activates. The Psyker would die from the wound, and then Renewer would fizzle with no target.

Quote Originally Posted by thepolytheist View Post
    Page 24 of the BRB says that Perils rolls are resolved before Deny the Witch rolls and before the power activates. The Psyker would die from the wound, and then Renewer would fizzle with no target.
    Yes it's quite clear the power doesn't work until perils is resolved
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Yep unfortunately he would be toast, however if you had chosen another model as the target, it would have regained a wound.

So if I try to cast daemonology 6 possession, perils and die the power does not go off?

Is this the same for daemonology 4 sacrifice, or is that still cast?