BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1850 Competitive Eldar/Help Appreciated!

I'm trying to write a very strong list before I buy any models (should help me save money in the long run). Suggestions are much appreciated!

HQ: Farseer (Singing Spear, Mantle of the Laughing God, Jetbike) 160

Troops: 5 Dire Avengers 65
    Wave Serpent (Twin-linked Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields) 145
    5 Dire Avengers 65
    5 Dire Avengers 65
    5 Dire Avengers 65
    3 Windrider Jetbikes 51

Elites: 5 Fire Dragons 110

Fast Attack: Crimson Hunter Exarch 180
    5 Warp Spiders (Exarch w/Spinneret Rifle) 120

Heavy Support: Wraithknight 240

Total: 1846

Brother-Captain

The Warp Spider Exarch should have fast shot to make the most of the spinneret rifle and I think it would be good to make room for another Wraithknight as you're lacking in very high strength shooting.

^ what he sez. ^

also I've found that a six man dragon team usually works better ! with five and a couple of bad rolls and they are just wasted.

and again imo, spiders in fives are brilliant but i usually run sevens - the footprint is almost the same and they are the cheapest st6 shots we get - leave off the chin guns and youve got plenty of free points. spiders have awesome movement and providing youre not a bit unlucky can usually 'bounce' out of harms way far easier than a 135pt troopship.

10pts for 24" 3xst6 sounds good but you really dont want to be that close to most armies in a waveZ. - especially not necron or melta-marines,

the scatter lazer argument rolls on - but im convinced that TL BL is a much better option.

Chapter-Master

I've actually had good performance out of my 5 man Fire Dragon squad although I keep Guide or Prescience handy for when I really need them to take something out.

I would look to get some bright lances or a second Wraithlord into the list to boost your long range firepower. With the new Jink Rules there are plenty of times your serpents are going to be taking Snap Shots so their firepower is underwhelming compared to 6th edition. (Don't get me wrong they still rock.)

A matter of personal taste but I like to include a Spiritseer with 5 Wraithguard in a Serpent for durability and short range punch.

we have a standing joke about dragon dice - fire dragons always roll more than their fair share of 1's and 2's ! both when shooting and saving!