BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default British People! Lend me your mics!

Anyone interested in some WH World action? Makes sense that we, the awesome brits, could perhaps be able to meet up for some games if you get what I mean...

So? Anyone feel like doing it? Could even be a Bawls-con ripoff. Who wouldn't love to have a legitimate counter offer to the might of the Empire itself?

Chapter-Master

Default Evil schemes

I am a sneaky little person and you are in on my plan
    why dont we build some powar (IP infringment) armour and retake the empire in style in a titan (Imperator) with some SQ*** ( P1-S6) and then get the sq**** eaten by a Big godzilla bugfest and then build a big chair and start a program for Uber humans called pimparchs

IM 300% insame

Scout

I see no reason why this couldn't happen. A group of people on another forum I frequent went ahead and did this rather impulsively and are now planning a second trip around February next year.

All we'd really need is enough people saying "yes" and someone to check in on Warhammer World's events calendar. I think it would probably best to just turn up on a 'casual gaming' day one weekend, having booked up to the allowable 6 tables allowed for days where events aren't booked.

Librarian

i'm actually planning a campaign over at warhammer world, the basic premise of the campaign would be as such

• host the event during a school week (the halls should be empty then)
    • get together an even amount of players
    • book a hotel nearby (preferably with or near a pub) for a couple of nights
    • make sure all of the armies are painted and based (this means that reams of photos can be taken and will look awesome on the beautiful WW terrain
    • get the players to pre-arrange 500point, 1500point(maybe 2000), and 3000point army lists, and get together a task force squad under 200points
    • play an escalating campaign - starting with 500point combat patrols, then scaling into a small conflict, then a breather, then a small task force game (with drone enemy sentries and a fluff based objective) another conflict, then a huge apoc game. then repeat for day 2, removing the combat patrol at the beginning, and making the apoc game larger. the outcome of some of the smaller games will determine some strategems in the apoc games.

the only problem is finding enough players to make it a good couple of days, they'd need to be over 18, with a 3000 point painted army, and able to get to nottingham on a couple of school days
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

Work currently owes me 29 hours so that should be a possibility

Veteran-Sergeant

Well I live in Notts so its quite easy for me at short notice.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 04:43 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!