BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1850 Guard/Dark Angels Tourney List

Hi team! Got a tourney next week and wanted your feedback on my list.

HQ
    Company Command Squad - Boltpistol, 2 Plasma Guns, Astropath, Chimera with HStubber and Camo Netting

HQ Primaris Psyker

HQ
    Tank Commander - Leman Russ Vanquisher w/Lascannon, Plasma Cannons, Storm Bolter, Camo Netting and Relic Plating; Leman Russ Executioner with Plasma Cannons, HStubber and Camo Netting

Troops
    Platoon Command Squad
    Boltpistol
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer
    Grenade Launcher
    Chimera
    Storm Bolter
    Infantry Squad
    Autocannon
    Grenade Launcher
    Infantry Squad
    Autocannon
    Grenade Launcher
    Heavy Weapons Squad
    3 Lascannons

Troops
    Veteran Squad
    Bolter
    3 Plasma Guns
    Lascannon
    Grenadiers

Troops
    Veteran Squad
    2 Meltaguns
    Flamer
    Chimera
    Storm Bolter

Fast Attack
    Vendetta

Heavy Support
    Manticore
    Camo Netting

HQ
    DA Librarian

Troops
    DA Tactical Squad
    Tactical Marine
    Flamer

Tactics so far are to include the Primaris in the Plasmavet squad and the Librarian with the Lascannon team. One of the two will give the Tank Commander platoon Prescience while the other twin-links his squad based on the tactical situation. The six-man Dark Angel tactical squad rides in the Vendetta for late game objective grabbing or getting dropped off behind enemy lines.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Garradh; 08-04-2014 at 01:21 PM.

I do have a few things I'm on the fence about. The meltavet squad has always always failed me, mostly because I'm probably playing them wrong as a flank attacker and they get singled out. I'm on the fence about the astropath. He is a situationally awesome 25 points and an extra psychic die. And I need to do some research to see if both tanks need Camo Netting in the Tank Command Platoon to benefit from it, or just one.

You might want to get an aegis to take full advantage of the camo nets, plus to give your guard more chances at getting a save. Do you expect there will be lots of terrain already? You could also drop the DA and just take 1-2 more Primaris Psykers. You should try to find points for a 2nd vendetta as you are lacking anti air. Finally I would upgrade the tank commander to pask as he then gives his squad PE which is almost as good as TL'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsquidz View Post
    You might want to get an aegis to take full advantage of the camo nets, plus to give your guard more chances at getting a save. Do you expect there will be lots of terrain already? You could also drop the DA and just take 1-2 more Primaris Psykers. You should try to find points for a 2nd vendetta as you are lacking anti air. Finally I would upgrade the tank commander to pask as he then gives his squad PE which is almost as good as TL'ing.
    Other than dropping 154 points worth of Dark Angels, where would I find points for an Aegis, a Primaris or two, a 2nd Vendetta, and 40 more points for Pask? Any suggestions?

You could dump the walking vets with plasma. They are going to get murdered before they are in range anyways in the list you have right now. I would take the plasma off the vanq, if anything chance that to a punisher as that is how pask really shines, then go for cheaper heavy bolters. However, if you like him in a vanq (like if you face TONS of heavy armour), then switch those for cheaper multi-meltas that are also great vs. vehicles.