BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Daemon-Prince

Default 100 Years Ago, WW1 Started,

Never forget that world war one, that great war started today (depending on timezone) 100 years ago, Never forget the Sacrifice of those on both sides.

Potential war gameing Jawa.

Daemon-Prince

Last edited by White Tiger88; 08-03-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

depends on your definition of start, 100 years ago today britain declared war on germany. But Russia, France, Germany, Austro-Hungarian empire were already at war by then.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    depends on your definition of start, 100 years ago today britain declared war on germany. But Russia, France, Germany, Austro-Hungarian empire were already at war by then.
    True but its considered the "official" Start since it was then most country's.

Chapter-Master

honestly, most history I've read usually refers to the assassination of Franz as the start, but I wont quibble the point, as its fair to say that it only became a world war when Britain declared

Fun Fact.

The first allied shots of the WW1 and WW2 were fired by the same officer, manning the same gun, under the same circumstances.....in melbourne
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

honestly, most history I've read usually refers to the assassination of Franz as the start, but I wont quibble the point, as its fair to say that it only became a world war when Britain declared

Fun Fact.

The first allied shots of the WW1 and WW2 were fired by the same officer, manning the same gun, under the same circumstances.....in melbourne
    Almost afraid to ask how badly he missed........

Occuli Imperator

For those who are lucky enough to get the BBC (or can figure out how to appear in the UK for the iPlayer) there are loads of commorations and documentaries about it.

Churches across Birmingham (not sure about the rest of the anglican communion) have been encourgaed to do something to mark it and those from the parishes that died.

Bells across the city rang half muffled in rememberance of those who gave their all.

Lights Out : [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28149786[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Almost afraid to ask how badly he missed........
    Both times were warning shots fired across the bow of German merchant vessels to prevent them from leaving the harbour.....both times the ships decided it was a good idea to stop

Occuli Imperator

That was quite the interesting fact
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Daemon-Prince

Both times were warning shots fired across the bow of German merchant vessels to prevent them from leaving the harbour.....both times the ships decided it was a good idea to stop
    I wonder why....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast