BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

All of the Phoenix Lords.

Scout

I'm going to try to figure out how many points it would be to field all of the Space Wolves Great Wolfs together.

All the Necrons named ICs, with transports for the ones that can take them, come out to 1495 points. Even has a decent mix of anti-tank and anti-infantry.

Veteran-Sergeant

Isn’t “The Eight” from the Farsight Enclaves book pretty much this? :P

In all seriousness though, i’d run an Officio Assassinorum team- all of the assassins!
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

After a discussion about the good old days and 6 grey knights, ive made 4 chapter masters with a few buts n bobs n a librarian, with converting, i get 5 terminators in a box to make 1500 points. If i remember, 2 psycannons, 1 incinerator, lib with titan n quick n summoning, all has 1 servo skull, should be a giggle!

Played a game last week with my forgeworld necrons.
    List as follows:

Kutlakh The World Killer 220
    Royal Court Of Maynarkh
    Maynarkh Lord: Warscythe; Phase Shifter 90
    Maynarkh Lord: Resurrection Orb; Phase Shifter 110
    Maynarkh Overlord: Warscythe; Mindshackle Scarabs; Sempiternal Weave; Phase Shifter 175
    Royal Court Of Maynarkh
    Maynarkh Lord: Warscythe; Resurrection Orb; Phase Shifter 120
    Maynarkh Overlord: Warscythe; Mindshackle Scarabs; Resurrection Orb; Phase Shifter 190
    Catacomb Command Barge: Gauss Cannon 80
    Maynarkh Overlord: Warscythe; Mindshackle Scarabs; Resurrection Orb; Phase Shifter 190
    Catacomb Command Barge: Gauss Cannon 80
    Maynarkh Overlord: Warscythe; Mindshackle Scarabs; Sempiternal Weave; Phase Shifter 175
    Royal Court Of Maynarkh
    Maynarkh Lord: Warscythe; Resurrection Orb; Phase Shifter 120

2,000 points

It was a small list but every single model had a 3++ invulnerable save. A warscythe (except the one staff of light in kutlakh's squad, and Kutlakh himself with staff of light and S5 AP2 instant death weapon)
    Also, each squad had a 4+ chance to get up.
    Due to the "mark of the flayer" rule. I had a chance each combat for that unit/model to have rage and fearless. Due to all the models with that rule not being my warlord, they did not gift victory point when succumbing to the flayed ones.
    They basically tore through everything. Multi assaults and saves causing them to slowly wipe out the enemy army. The only troubles I ran in to (which were more circumstantial) was Kutlakh getting assaulted by a dreadnaught with his court dead and not being able to do anything against it--tar-pit until a chariot could make it. Also, a squad assaulted by legion of the damned (which are pretty good now) tar-pit again but slowly chipped away.

Overall I really enjoyed the list. People didn't really complain due to the lack of general mobility and ranged weaponry (though I usually run an assault necron army anyway). Also because of the small amount of models on the board, allowing for a lot of concentrated fire.
    Still. Is prefer to use the scarabs with +1 WS rending and fleshbane. Cheaper and virtually unlimited. >

I had a friend who ran what I believe was 1,000 points worth of a Chapter Master, Captains, a Land Raider Redeemer, and two Dreadknights versus normal force org Orks. The Captains had no upgrades. And they won, with the Master, two Captains, and the Raider left, as well as the Knights.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by SgtJoo View Post
    Assassins, lots of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargamer30 View Post
    All of the Phoenix Lords.
    Both of these were apocalypse formations back in the day
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Eh

Id just drown most of these lists in gaunts
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Did a 2v1, 3000 point game... I was on the side with the 2 players so 1500 for me:

My list consisted of something like:

Helbrecht
    Grimaldus
    Emperor's Champion
    Kantor
    Vulkan
    5 man Sword Brethren squad(Vanguards) w/ Storm Shields and Power Weapons
    a Land Raider Crusader
    and a Storm Talon

I expected to die really early on... ended up winning the game and I only had Grimmy and Vulkan left on the board. (Granted my team mate did a lot of the objective work :P )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast