BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Possible Unbound Armies With Just Independent Characters?

We've all heard of the familiar 7th edition unbound armies such as all Riptides, dreadnoughts or a guard tank company. But another topic that has recently surfaced is the concept of unbound armies with just characters, such as 10 fully equipped Space Marine Captains with feel no pain and it will not die by using the Iron Hands doctrines.

Of course such a list is not designed for competitive play, but still sounds like a lot of fun to field a small army of elite warriors. So I thought I'd start a thread to discuss possible unbound armies using just Independent Characters (which is legal btw).

So if you had to make an 1500pt army using just independent characters what would you field?
    Also bonus points if anyone can share any experiences fighting or playing such an army?

A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

I am sorely tempted to do a Seven Samurai list for Space Wolves.

Love the models, and it somehow seems to fit their background. Not so much a battle, but a spot of jolly good fun for the top brass, winner has the highest head count!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well it wasn't 1500, but at 1850, I ran a fully decked out astrubael vect archon court....it was 4 archons with blasters, haywire grenades, combat drugs and husk blades. Duke Sliscus, mails, urien rakarth, two haemonculus ancients, one with shattershard, for wound tanking. And of course, vect himself. All in a Dias. I've since modified it to be that plus 3 grots for wound tanking and a tantalus, instead of Dias, with night shields and grisly trophies.

Not sure what I'd run with only 1500. Probably a avatar of khaine court. I know it's not all independent characters but I haven't looked at enough different codexes hqs to figure anything else out.

Veteran-Sergeant

you can do it, only thing you must abide by is limits on special characters and ally choices

Assassins, lots of them.

All Phoenixlords and Eldrad are around 1500 Points...

Brother-Captain

If I had the models I'd do Farsight and the Eight all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    If I had the models I'd do Farsight and the Eight all the time.
    I've heard that it's supposedly a legal list, before unbound I mean?
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Brother-Captain

Nah, It's just an HQ choice and his bodyguard. There's a really neat Altar of War mission you can run with them but in normal games you didn't have the troops requirement.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    I've heard that it's supposedly a legal list, before unbound I mean?
    it was, the supliment allows you to run farsight, 5 Tau commanders, a IC Broadside, and an IC Riptide as a single unit.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast