BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Warriors of Chaos - first army, help!

Hi all

A mate and me have recently been talking about giving Fantasy a go and for the purpose I'm wanting to start a small WoC army of around 1500 points. I already have a handful of models bought solely cause I liked their looks so they will need to be in-cooperated into the army. The list itself doesn't need to be super competitive, but as I don't know Fantasy very well I would still like it to have some proper synergy. So far I have

1x Khorne Chaos Lord on Juggernaught
    10x Chaos Warriors (painted as Khorne)
    10x Warhounds

Now I really like the models for Warriors and would certainly get at least 10-15 more. Furthermore I'm also a big fan of the Khorne Skullcrushers and would love to use them, along with the Tzeentch Sorcerer on a Disc (Hero Wizard), the Chimera and the awesome looking Knights.
    It is my understanding from reading Learn2Eel's excellent guides over at Imperator Guides that Chaos Trolls and Gorebeast Chariot are also worth considering. But again, no idea how these units work with each other so I would love some input on building a usable list...
    Thanks in advance for any inputs,

\Casper

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstmann View Post
    Hi all

A mate and me have recently been talking about giving Fantasy a go and for the purpose I'm wanting to start a small WoC army of around 1500 points. I already have a handful of models bought solely cause I liked their looks so they will need to be in-cooperated into the army. The list itself doesn't need to be super competitive, but as I don't know Fantasy very well I would still like it to have some proper synergy. So far I have

1x Khorne Chaos Lord on Juggernaught
    10x Chaos Warriors (painted as Khorne)
    10x Warhounds

Now I really like the models for Warriors and would certainly get at least 10-15 more. Furthermore I'm also a big fan of the Khorne Skullcrushers and would love to use them, along with the Tzeentch Sorcerer on a Disc (Hero Wizard), the Chimera and the awesome looking Knights.
    It is my understanding from reading Learn2Eel's excellent guides over at Imperator Guides that Chaos Trolls and Gorebeast Chariot are also worth considering. But again, no idea how these units work with each other so I would love some input on building a usable list...
    Thanks in advance for any inputs,

\Casper
    I've got more experience of playing against Warriors than with them, so take this with that in mind and I'll help as far as I can.

It's worth, if you aren't already, splitting the warhounds into two units. They're not good in combat but can be used to redirect and chaff up enemy units you don't want to deal with right now.

All the stuff you mention as additional units is excellent with the knights the weakest choice, though they do look awesome! If you want to do Chaos Trolls I'd definitely have a flick through ebay and see if there's some Skull Pass Trolls you can spikefy or it could get really expensive!

The Sustainable Center on Youtube has some Warriors of Chaos Batreps you might find interesting and both he and MrMalorian, also on Youtube, did very good detailed reviews of the Warriors Armybook.

Hope you enjoy the Warriors, they're an awesome looking army.

Chaplain

To add to The_Gonk's post; Knights are still a good choice, just the Skull Crushers are a better choice so It would be best to go with the Crushers in higher points games and Knights in lower ones. I play mono tzeentch so I forbid myself on using them but the Knights do well at stomping small units and moping up fleeing ones whilst my daemon prince and chimera's hunt the rest down. with chimeras it's best to take flaming breath and regeneration, that way you have 6+D3 attacks with a 4+ scaly skin and 4+ regen with the option to use the breath weapon for an additional 2D6 hits and finally a D6 stomp on lesser models - all for 275 points.

EDIT: the only downside to the Chimera is the LD4, they will need to stick next to your general otherwise they quickly buckle and run. this usually means your general is more of a prime target due to him watching over them.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.