BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

They're fragile but I've found them to be a great firepower boost/distraction. Outflanking Scout Sentinels can cause yahoo in the opponent's lines and with cover can be suprisingly hard to kill. Equip them with Multilasers or Autocannons and HK Missiles and they can wreck some things. Then even if they're rage killed the next turn at least that's one less thing shooting at your main army. I'm not quite as big a fan of Armored Sentinels because they're still fragile but they are nice to run with a mobile army and/or flank your tanks to keep Deep Striking goons away.

For laughs I made an Unbound army list that was ALL Sentinels. I only have 16 currently but I really want to see an army that can potentially fire 37 HK Missiles plus Lascannons, Autocannons, and Multilasers on the first turn.

Whether Outflanking, Scouting, or waltzing up the board, the Flank is always going to be their natural home.

Limits the amount of incoming fire to a theoretical minimum, and helps to maximise their side/rear armour shots of opportunity.

Ooh, here's a thought. 3 with Heavy Flamers, being used to roastytoasty 'Objective Secure' units. I mean, against Guard, you need every super-scoring unit you can get. And with most Troop choices being MEQ or worse, three Heavy Flamers can do horrible things to a unit. This might force your opponent to focus more on the Sentinels, taking the pressure off your big dudes and infantry?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Whether Outflanking, Scouting, or waltzing up the board, the Flank is always going to be their natural home.

Limits the amount of incoming fire to a theoretical minimum, and helps to maximise their side/rear armour shots of opportunity.

Ooh, here's a thought. 3 with Heavy Flamers, being used to roastytoasty 'Objective Secure' units. I mean, against Guard, you need every super-scoring unit you can get. And with most Troop choices being MEQ or worse, three Heavy Flamers can do horrible things to a unit. This might force your opponent to focus more on the Sentinels, taking the pressure off your big dudes and infantry?
    Also Walkers can fire Overwatch. Three Heavy Flamers mean up to 9 S5 AP4 hits on anything charging them.

It is worth noting that in the new AM book the cost difference between the scout sentinel and the armoured sentinet is greatly reduced, in addition the missile launcher is costed the same as the autocannon.

oooo 10 sentinels formation in the apoc rule book page 85 looks tasty i did ask in my local GW shops can i use them and they said yes someone did question it but the staff said unless it clarifys a rule as stating you cant use it from another GW publication it is legal unless FAQ or Errata
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Yuparoo. I see little difference between Apocalypse Formations and non-Apocalypse formations, especially in these lovely days of Unbound and Super Heavies on the board.

Oh, and clarified the Horde Holding - if you can't damage it, you can opt to fail your break test, complete with the chance of being run down. That's pretty saucy against Orks if you can manage to take out the Nob (who will typically have at least a Big Choppa!)..... Ork player is left with the largely unpleasant decision of having his Boyz slowly stomped, or taking the risk of losing the lot on delibrate break, and having the Sentinels free to shoot stuff again.

Definitely worth a bash I'd say. It might work, it might not. All depends on your opponents reaction. And remember, the key is to engage a unit big enough to swamp you in combat, preventing heavier hitters engaging
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

I have always found the points to run a few of them in my IG mech list. Their just so cheap and with an auto cannon they become a threat to most units in the game. they have many options from sitting in my backfield to scouting to outflanking. the tactical flexibility they posses is my favorite part.

Well taking that formation everyone has outflanking and if there within 12" of the leader scout one they get stealth if given with camo netting thats a +5 cover save out in the open and BS 4 what makes them even more deadly everyone in the formation gets preferred enemy so if your enemy is running flyers stick autocannons on them and you have a sort of weak twin linked great if shooting a enemy you choose as the preferred enemy.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12