BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: would you play in this tournament?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i would?

15 71.43%
  • not a chance??

6 28.57%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchaos View Post
    Too many restrictions and some against specific armies is not the way to go, makes those who travel to play want to stay home.
    So what? Then they will stay home. And this affects those who choose to attend how?

Besides, I travel to play and I would be happy to attend an event like this.
    Last edited by silashand; 08-08-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Brother-Captain

I would not attend as the Escalation ban seems unfair to me.

Complete UTTER BS! Another play my way or go home. Pick on Necrons and a few others while a lot of other abuse still goes on eh?

Shameful Pathetic and OH SO WRONG.

What's next? 1999+1?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chaplain

The only problem I see with this is not giving a specific list of FW units that can be used. I'm sure the TO will try to avoid being biased but it's inevitable that someone is going to feel like they were treated unfairly.

"Bob got to bring his super-duper uber unit. Why can't I use my uber toy? Bob's toy is clearly more broken than my toy. You always take Bob's side! Why don't we all just give Bob first place now? I bet you and Bob are going on your honeymoon after the tournie."

Heh, I'll probably spend the rest of the day making this argument more and more ridiculous in my head

I'm always concerned/paranoid (probably the latter) that all tweaks do is boost up the local meta.

After all, it's only our local experiences that we tend to have. There may be a couple of filthy armies knocking around that most struggle with, and the obvious temptation is to tweak allowances to prevent those two armies. Risk here is that those from the local area get an unfair advantage, as the stuff which traditionally gubs their forces is shut out.

No reason not to have crack at it though!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Complete UTTER BS! Another play my way or go home. Pick on Necrons and a few others while a lot of other abuse still goes on eh?

What's next? 1999+1?
    What is the problem? This is one tourney amongst many. It serves it's niche. What is wrong with that? Are you suggesting that all tourneys need to be the same? No TOs should ever tweak their own events? I don't understand where you are coming from. Please explain. Cheers.

PS The lower pricing for fully painted armies is there to encourage and reward folks who bring fully painted armies. I love the idea. I've always wanted to play in a "Painted Armies Only" tournament.
    "Let blood and fire obliterate the world! I will never desist till I have dragged to my palace by her hair the barbarian queen, the daughter of dogs!"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post

What's next? 1999+1?
    If it's their tournament. Yeah. Play their way or go home. They're gone out of their way to organise it, you don't have to play. It's good for people who don't like the whole game revolving around one big model and prefer it to be a game of separate squads positions and fighting it out.

I don't think most super-heavies are overpowered, but I don't particularly enjoy most games revolving around one powerful expensive model either. I personally find it quite boring unless it's, say, a significant part of a narrative campaign rather than every couple of battles in a tournament. If you don't feel that way, go to a different tournament.
    Last edited by Anggul; 08-08-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Given the cheap entry cost and being able to enter unpainted models (which is great for me), I would enter. Most of the house rules don't effect SW anyway.

Brother-Captain

Clearly OP has his mind made up, so I'm guessing this thread is a thinly veiled excuse for him to ***** about it.

Those rules sound reasonable to me. 40k needs to be reigned in to even approach playability, especially in an organized setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Clearly OP has his mind made up, so I'm guessing this thread is a thinly veiled excuse for him to ***** about it.

Those rules sound reasonable to me. 40k needs to be reigned in to even approach playability, especially in an organized setting.
    The rules sound reasonable enough to me too, except that I think all the super heavies should be out, not just the ones in Escalation. All out or all in. Tournament Organizers dot he work snd setup. If they advertise how they are going to do it, it is fine by me. If I don't like it, I don't go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast