BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: would you play in this tournament?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i would?

15 71.43%
  • not a chance??

6 28.57%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Would you play in this environment?

1850 All But the big guns (All supplements except Escalation)
    All codexes and supplements Approved. FW still needs cleared by TOs.

3 Games at 2.25 hours each. There will be a 30 minute break after game 2 for dinner.

Registration starts at 11 AM, Pairings begins at Noon.

Entry Fee: $15 Fully Painted, $20 Unpainted or Partially Painted

House Rules

Grimiore only applies to the Daemon USR (so max of 3++)

Any 2+ rerollable save only saves on a 4+ on the reroll (so 2+ then 4+)

Void Shield Generators can be no larger than a standard CD, Vengeance weapon Batteries bases do make a good stand in.

Skyshield Landing Pads are not strong enough to support Super heavies or Gargantuan Creatures. They may not benefit from the 4++. Non-Skimmer non-flyer vehicles that wish to get onto or off of a Skyshield must make a Dangerous Terrain test.

No "Come the Apocalypse" allies.

Necron Overlords in Catacomb Command Barges do not confer their 3+ to the vehicle but do lose Independent Character.

Forge World will be allowed, but please have a readable way to present to the TO and your opponents. Ipads/tablets/printed copies/books are all fine, they MUST be readable. If you do not have a readable list of the rules, the TOs reserve the right to deny use of a unit. Additionally, please check with TO first to see if a FW unit is approved.

When choosing Warlord Traits, players roll one die and look across all applicable tables (this includes BRB tables, Codex Tables, and Escalation/Stronghold Assault Tables) and chooses the Warlord Trait they want. For example, you roll a 4, you can choose from the options of what a 4 is on the BRB tables, your codex table, or the Escalation/Stronghold Assault tables. You may only choose one.

This is the rules for an upcoming local tournament i am wondering if i should even bother.. i mean no offense but seriously a page of rules and corrections... so now not only do i have to know my 7th edition rules in and out but you want me to remember your house rules?

yes?
    no?

Sure. It sounds like fun. I dig how the TOs are taking control of their own gaming destiny! Go for it!
    "Let blood and fire obliterate the world! I will never desist till I have dragged to my palace by her hair the barbarian queen, the daughter of dogs!"

Chapter-Master

You should keep in mind that 40k's rules are so loose, TOs are basically required to houserule things. I don't know why a half-page list is so suprising.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Those rules seem incredibly reasonable to me, not much to remember, and likely improves enjoyment. I'd say go for it, and print it out if you're concerned about remembering it.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

While the rules seem incredibly reasonable (Expect no Come the Apoc alies, there are some really cool army themes you can use that for) they only touch on maybe half the armies out there, I dont see a fix for serpent shield, Jetseers, Tau etc. By makin these hard rules your just changing which army is king of the pile (and not changing even that much).

Better Philosophy:

"Don't be a dick"
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I like all of it. Would definitely attend something like it.

If you want to ban Escalation, remember to also ban the Ork Stompa, since it's a Codex unit now so you don't need Escalation to play it.

Likewise the entirety of the Imperial Knight codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    If you want to ban Escalation, remember to also ban the Ork Stompa, since it's a Codex unit now so you don't need Escalation to play it.

Likewise the entirety of the Imperial Knight codex.
    In addition:

Why stipulate Super Heavies can't use the sky shield if Super a Heavies from Escalation are banned? This implies that some are allowed...
    Why are Jump Troops forced to take a dangerous T test when leaving the sky shield?

Not intentionally shooting holes, but just pointing out home made rulings can create contradictions that don't exist in the normal rules....

Regardless YOLO play in the tournament, 3 games is more than no games.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Why are Jump Troops forced to take a dangerous T test when leaving the sky shield?
    Non-Skimmer non-flyer vehicles that wish to get onto or off of a Skyshield must make a Dangerous Terrain test.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    While the rules seem incredibly reasonable (Expect no Come the Apoc alies, there are some really cool army themes you can use that for) they only touch on maybe half the armies out there, I dont see a fix for serpent shield, Jetseers, Tau etc. By makin these hard rules your just changing which army is king of the pile (and not changing even that much).

Better Philosophy:

"Don't be a dick"
    Yep. What he said. Got no issue with house rules of any stripe, but in a Tournament condition where Egos are on the line, got to be careful you're not just redefining what a filthy list is
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast