BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: would you play in this tournament?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i would?

15 71.43%
  • not a chance??

6 28.57%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Only thing I can't understand is the DT test for infantry units moving on/off the Skyshield; that seems harsh. After all it has ladders to get up there, and if you think about it; that also means you can't deploy from say a Valk which you could if it wasn't on the Skyshield and that just makes the thing pointless. It already got nerfed in that you must deploy in your zone not your half, so why nerf it more? Other than that I think it's quite a reasonable set of rules; I don't play tourneys as I prefer fluff (sorry but I have done and the minute entrance fees and prizes get involved in a 40k tourney it stops being fun and gets way too serious). I don't understand that as I've played in 2 X-Wing tournaments and they were both still very much about having fun.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    If it's their tournament. Yeah. Play their way or go home. They're gone out of their way to organise it, you don't have to play. It's good for people who don't like the whole game revolving around one big model and prefer it to be a game of separate squads positions and fighting it out.
    They are still a bunch of whiney babies though. "Oh I can't play against Necrons so they need a nerf" If you want to be taken serious, you adjust ALL Armies. EVERY S I N G L E Army and not just one or two. Adjust everything to be fair. They haven't done it.

So yes they are a bunch of whiney babies. "I spent the time to orginze, You pay me the money, but play my way so I or my friends have an easier time to win."

Said it once, will say it again. When trying to balance the game, you do it for everyone, not single out one or two armies and leave the rest unchanged.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Only thing I can't understand is the DT test for infantry units moving on/off the Skyshield; that seems harsh.
    Iff you're gunna critique, please actually read the rule. It says "Vehicle."

Sorry if this come across a bit snappy, but I already quoted this in bold on the last page to someone.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234