BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Space Wolves will obviously cover themselves, and might fit the Iron Hands as well. Not totally sure, since I don't know as much about the Hands, but the Wolf Priest might make a decent Iron Father (although still missing the Techmarine part).
    I have no idea about Iron Fathers, but we Wolves do have an Iron Priest - might be a little closer for you than a Wolf Priest. Iron Priests are basically our techmarines with a twist...and a thunderhammer. They fall under elites - but bare in mind all this is 3rd ed info, and our new 'dex is around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by rsheridan5 View Post
    Is there any word on GW ever getting away from the big four (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels), and creating a codex for some of the other chapters. Maybe even some models for them too?
    I know that with thousands of chapters out there they can't do them all, but at least the first 9 loyalist chapters would be a welcome addition.
    For the Non-Space Marine players, it's really annoying to see so many marine varients getting updates before other races. Marines were the first ones to get a 5th Edition Codex, and now Space Wolves and Blood Angels are due out before some of the Codices that are almost a decade old.

I know Space Marines are GW's cash cow, but when Marines get a new generic codex, all of the chapters use it so it's like they just got an update too. I really hope to see all 40k races updated to 5th before they due any more "sub" races. I play Necrons, so any time a 5th edition codex comes out, it's like, great, theres another army I won't be able to beat, lol. I can barely beat Blood Angels right now, I'm sure I won't stand a chance after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalStorm4786 View Post
    For the Non-Space Marine players, it's really annoying to see so many marine varients getting updates before other races. Marines were the first ones to get a 5th Edition Codex, and now Space Wolves and Blood Angels are due out before some of the Codices that are almost a decade old.

I know Space Marines are GW's cash cow, but when Marines get a new generic codex, all of the chapters use it so it's like they just got an update too. I really hope to see all 40k races updated to 5th before they due any more "sub" races. I play Necrons, so any time a 5th edition codex comes out, it's like, great, theres another army I won't be able to beat, lol. I can barely beat Blood Angels right now, I'm sure I won't stand a chance after the update.
    yep it sucks balls i'm still waiting on an inquisition codex...there's even space marines in it and they still get no love

Veteran-Sergeant

For the Non-Space Marine players.
    There are non-Space Marine 40k players?

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Fly Lord

Now that's just mean
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

I honestly would love to see a combi Mechanicus/Dark Mechanicus codex come out with a whole range of new models! I would buy em all!

Chaplain

Marines were the first ones to get a 5th Edition Codex, and now Space Wolves and Blood Angels are due out before some of the Codices that are almost a decade old.
    5th edition codices, by release year:
    Eldar* = 2007
    Chaos Space Marines = 2007
    Orks = 2008
    Daemons = 2008
    Space Marines = 2008
    Imperial Guard = 2009

*It's still unknown if the latest Eldar codex was made with 5th edition in mind.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Scout

Didnt Dark Angels come after Eldar?

Yeah I think so eldar came out agesssss ago back with the medusa V campaign, long before 5th ed

Veteran-Sergeant

I think MetalStorm4786 has a pretty valid argument. I would just love to see the xenos races get their updates before we see more marine chapters released (I guess there is still BA, DA and BT after the space wolves). Even though my fav army is Tyranids the one I want to see redone the most is Dark Eldar. I have always liked the idea behind the Dark Eldar. Its just a shame that they have the worst model range GW has ever produced (most of it is done by Gary Morely, sculpter of GW's worst figure ever...) Once they get their new range (I think its being done by Jes Goodwin) they would be right up there with Eldar and Tyranids for most popular Xenos army.
    Last edited by Ghoulio; 09-09-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast