BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default 2010 Early Release Schedule

Our sources say look for:

-Tyranids
    -Blood Angels

Early in the year. Not sure of the order. The usual suspects of Necrons and Dark Eldar are also in the rumor mix, with Necrons getting more talk for an earlier slot than the Dark Eldar.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

The Alchemist

Blood Angels, really?

I guess white dwarf wasn't enough for them.

Fly Lord

Blood Angels could be seen a possible tie-in to Space Hulk? Maybe to build on it.

Some of the other forums are saying there might be a Blood Angel/Dark Angel/Templar redux at roughtly the same time, but that would be quite unprecedented.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Well, if there was any period in the company's history for them to start doing unprecedented stuff, it should be now. They can't just continue their current business model and expect to do well, because they can't just keep hiking up prices on their products or people will start turning to 3rd party distributors and scratch-building. They don't exactly support that many "must go" major events over the course of the year, so it's not like having a 100% GW-product force is that big of a deal.

Their customers having been begging for years for them to get off their butts and release codex updates more often. If they actually took that advice and released Blood/Dark Angels and Black Templar as downloadable PDF codices that were updated to reflect the most current ruleset (the post-5th Blood Angels "update" was a joke), it would be the greatest thing they done since bringing back bitz ordering.

And by the way, how hard would it to be to have direct order sprue purchasing? I mean, I love The War Store, but it's not like its that hard to offer individual sprues for sale via their website.

The Alchemist

1998 called, they want their GW rant back

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwark View Post
    1998 called, they want their GW rant back
    History really does repeat itself.

Sucks about the DE potentially getting pushed back. I hope it's not because they perceive the Necrons to be an "easier" Codex to design, and then they get the CSM Codex simplify screw-job vis a vis before the Ork Codex release.

I look forward to killing Blood Angels again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Blood Angels could be seen a possible tie-in to Space Hulk? Maybe to build on it.

Some of the other forums are saying there might be a Blood Angel/Dark Angel/Templar redux at roughtly the same time, but that would be quite unprecedented.

Templar redone..... Hell hasn't frozen over yet..!

Evil Midnight Bomber

Besides probably fluff, I can't really see much of a reason to not have DA/BA/BT all rolled into one book. Really all that needs detailing would be the special units -- and then they could do the (sensible, IMHO) thing and for all the stuff that's common equipment just say, "See Codex: Space Marines" which would make future updates a LOT simpler, at least as far as wargear goes.

Evil Midnight Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Our sources say look for:

-Tyranids
    -Blood Angels

Early in the year. Not sure of the order. The usual suspects of Necrons and Dark Eldar are also in the rumor mix, with Necrons getting more talk for an earlier slot than the Dark Eldar.
    ...speaking of things your sources say, has there been any movement on that rumor about a "new race" that made the rounds a while back?

I would love to see a new race that wasn't (a.) a bug, (b.) an elf, or (c.) a dwarf. In fact, a race that doesn't have a parallel to a race in WFB would be pretty cool, I think...though I'll bet that simply won't happen.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast