BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Really, though, if they did a Warhound titan it wouldn't be much work to go from that to a Chaos titan.

So once they figure out the model, it's something big and apocalyptic for IG, Marines, Chaos, and Inquisition. It's probably one of their best choices as far as a "multi-purpose" model goes.
    Maybe they'd do it Bastion-style and give you 1-10 CSM tank sprues. :/

Chaplain

Default Business Sense?

What I think a lot of people forget is that GW is a business, and in order for our hobby to survive, that business needs to make money. Lots of it. Especially in this economic downtime we're in.

Although I would be more than happy to see a new DE codex get released, as a business option its not too bright. It'd be like releasing Space Hulk as a limited edition ru- oh yeah..

What GW needs to focus on right now is getting the more popular armies updated fully and running. And next on their list really should be 'Crons. When they came out in 4th ed there was a huge rush to buy them, the elusive ancient models finally got some real love and came out in full glory. However now that 5th ed has effectively neutered them, no one wants to play them and are shelving their armies and not purchasing more lads.

Were GW to come out with a nice, competent, 5th ed competitive codex for them I feel that from a business stand point it would put them in a much stronger position monetarily-wise to THEN go back and add onto the armies that direly need the love like the DE.

What I dont understand is how people dont realize how expensive it is to produce models, the sculpt, the moulds (which are ridiculously expensive), packaging designs, codex writing (including fluff and art). This all adds up to a huge sum of money. GW is focusing on that which it knows will turn that huge expense into huge profit (i.e marines) and THEN make the stuff that wont bring in as much shiney.

For the future of our hobby its for the best

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherJoe View Post
    ...speaking of things your sources say, has there been any movement on that rumor about a "new race" that made the rounds a while back?

I would love to see a new race that wasn't (a.) a bug, (b.) an elf, or (c.) a dwarf. In fact, a race that doesn't have a parallel to a race in WFB would be pretty cool, I think...though I'll bet that simply won't happen.
    The new race has been almost certainly confirmed as Chaos Dwarves, so it's for Fantasy, not 40K, unfortunately.
    And tyranids don't have an equivalent to WHFB, do they?

I would personally love to see an Inquisition redux (Witch hunters/Daemon hunters/Alien hunters all in one book and brought up to date with other Imperial codices), but I guess that will not happen in 2010...

What happened to Dwarf and Chaos Dwarf that existed in the late 80s/ early 90s? I recently returned to WH40k after a LONG hiatus and was stunned to discover that squats are in short supply!

Anyway, I'd like to see more Blood Angels fluff at least.

The new Chaos Dwarves are going to be released strictly by the new Forgeworld Fantasy sister company.

Scout

Default releases

i just dont feel confident that gw has the mental capacity to figure any of this stuff out. what is obvious to the masses seems to be confusing and mentally above gw.

i think that a blood angel/ dark angel/ black templar codex would be a great idea, as whenever a new space marine codex comes out, all the people who play the other chapters complain like crazy, and reducing the number of space marine codexs from 5 to three would help balance greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Our sources say look for:

-Tyranids
    -Blood Angels

Early in the year. Not sure of the order. The usual suspects of Necrons and Dark Eldar are also in the rumor mix, with Necrons getting more talk for an earlier slot than the Dark Eldar.
    Sweet! ...both my two armies. Admittedly, I am perfectly content with the current dexes but - F$%# yeaH!!!

Battle-Brother

Glad for the blood angles, they are one of m favorite chapters. The folks at GW have been hinting too them for awhile so I hope all turns out well.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by biteymcrunrun View Post
    i think that a blood angel/ dark angel/ black templar codex would be a great idea, as whenever a new space marine codex comes out, all the people who play the other chapters complain like crazy, and reducing the number of space marine codexs from 5 to three would help balance greatly
    I though of a way to fit at least the blood angels and dark angels in to the standard SM dex, as they share most of the same units. Essentially you would pick a chapter (or do a counts as chapter). This would determine your version of Chapter Tactics, and modify the standard army list, as well as unlocking that chapter's special characters.

So, for example, you might pick Dark Angels. Then, your chapter tactics would be Stubborn, you could take bikes and terminators as troops, and have access to Mortis Dreadnoughts and the special characters (just an example, so don't complain about me not mentioning scoring landspeeders or something).

You could fit the rules for this in a 2-4 pages per chapter, and provide a lot of flexibility in picking the chapter of your choice. It would be tough to include Space Wolves and Black Templar (though I think BT's could be included, albeit with more complicated rules than some other chapters), but it would condense the SM codecies into one or three books. This also has the side benifit of Dark Angels and Blood Angels players not having to complain about not getting 3+ storm shields and such when the vanilla marine 'dex gets updated more frequently than the divergent chapter's codecies.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast