BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post

Lets not forget Fantasy as the Beast of Chaos are coming out along with Bretonnians or Orges getting new Army book
    Yeah, what happened to BoC for Q4 2009?

Brother-Sergeant

Well I don't know if it has always been this way but 3 army books a year for 40K is a damn good rate! now if they can just keep up the pace every one should have a new codex every 4 years!

I'm really curious what they do with Tyranids. Every codex seems to bring some rather interesting varieties of bugs to the table. How effective they end up being is, of course, another matter entirely...

Brother-Sergeant

Is there any word on GW ever getting away from the big four (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels), and creating a codex for some of the other chapters. Maybe even some models for them too?
    I know that with thousands of chapters out there they can't do them all, but at least the first 9 loyalist chapters would be a welcome addition.
    When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph. Pierre Corneille(M2)

I would like it much more if GW came out with 4 codexes for the four chaos gods, making a codex for World Eaters, Death Guard, Thosand Sons, and Emporer's Children. Also, they could make the new chaos codex (still black legion like now--which is kind of equivalent to Ultramarines) including the other chapters using a similar method to the marine codex.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by rsheridan5 View Post
    Is there any word on GW ever getting away from the big four (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels), and creating a codex for some of the other chapters. Maybe even some models for them too?
    I know that with thousands of chapters out there they can't do them all, but at least the first 9 loyalist chapters would be a welcome addition.
    This is a little misleading, in my opinion.

I'd say that the current Vanilla 'dex can cover Ultrasmurfs, Imperial Fists, and Salamanders pretty easily already. There's a Raven Guard character (Shrike) in there, too, but I have different ideas for the Ravens. Iron Hands might work here, too, although the Iron Fathers make things difficult. The White Scars are pretty easily shown as well, since you don't even need the special character to make a full-biker army.

Space Wolves will obviously cover themselves, and might fit the Iron Hands as well. Not totally sure, since I don't know as much about the Hands, but the Wolf Priest might make a decent Iron Father (although still missing the Techmarine part).

Blood Angels could also be used to show the Raven Guard... with the Death Company representing those Marines who's genes have totally devolved into raving beasts due to Corax's genetic tampering.

Really, the only original Legion that can't be well-represented are the Iron Hands, who you'd have to do with half-measures.

I agree that Models would be sweet, though! The shoulderpad bitz packs help a little bit, but a full conversion kit would be much, much better!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by drew da destroya View Post
    really, the only original legion that can't be well-represented are the iron hands, who you'd have to do with half-measures.
    I want relictors! Maybe included in the Deamonhunters codex under radical inquisitors, or maybe in the space marines codex (or as a PDF that says "use in conjunction with the space marines codex") heck I'd even be willing to pay, say $5.00 for a DRM'd PDF download from gw.com.
    Last edited by trjames; 09-03-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Fleshing out what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherJoe View Post
    Besides probably fluff, I can't really see much of a reason to not have DA/BA/BT all rolled into one book. Really all that needs detailing would be the special units -- and then they could do the (sensible, IMHO) thing and for all the stuff that's common equipment just say, "See Codex: Space Marines" which would make future updates a LOT simpler, at least as far as wargear goes.
    I agree with this one. Give them all one book, make it a BIG one, and simply refer to Codex SM for Storm Shields.

Jawaballs

Occuli Imperator

@ Crusher Joe:

I agree, it would be way easier and we wouldn't have things like "haha, your screwed with the old Storm Shield and for some reason your STC Landraider cant hold as many troops as my STC landraider can."

they did this back in 3rd ed and it seemed fine (plus it probably sold more SM codicies)

Duke

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by timbo101 View Post
    Not realy - they did it before with the 2nd Ed Angels of death codex.
    First Games Workshop product I ever bought...

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast