BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Scout

Not even going to get remotely excited about Codex: Legions until I get some firm word on its actually being worked on. However I expect 2010 to be a bit Tyranidy ... possibly even Necrony or Dark Eldarry

PhilB

My crystal ball tells me to expect the Blood Angels after Tyranids. I fully think GW is going to milk its Space Marine line, and will attempt to release a Space Marine army each year for the duration of 5th.

What better way to turn a buck? Each new marine codex results in fresh sales for a line of plastics that are already selling like hot cakes. All that is necessary is a few odd and end models and changes. First Marines, Then Space Wolves, then Blood Angels.... following year would another chapter in the mix.

I just wish they could come out with more than just 2 a year. I'm sure it has to do with GW's economics, but I guy can wish can't he?

Initiate

With regards to the Bloody boys (and all other chapter codices)--I have to think they need more distinguishing. The fact is, these chapters are supposed to be Different. If they're the same, why not just buy a space marine codex and cobble a text file of the differences together. A few special characters, three unique units and a shuffled force organization chart, to me at least, does not a codex make. If you're going to do them (and I can't wait until you do--sons of Sanguinius unite, and all that..) run in the other direction with them: Totally different. Give us a whole book of new units, slice our options from the main book and give us army special rules. Make it really a unique experience playing a Blood Angels army or a Dark Angels army. Could you imagine something like a 'lone wolf' Vampire!? Rock on!

Just saying.

With regards to an Ad Mech army, there is nothing wrong with that. Ideas I've had--give them all kinds of weapons the guardsmen have never heard of (keeping them secret and safe from prying eyes). Just some ideas:

-BS4, WS2 Skitarii, Assault 3 12" weapons.. Heavy weapons, no special weapons, mounted on treads and can move with S&P rule. 4+ save/6+Inv. Leaders can get harnesses! (expensive)
    -combat troops S4 T3, two weapons, cheap
    -elite combat troops with servo arms! (and better saves)
    -All kinds of walkers---most with move through cover, mounting different weapons.
    -Astromancer-style HQ choice that directs bombardments in the shooting phase

I've had it in my mind to write the codex.. these are just what I remember off the top of my head. But they aren't guard--they can be unique and cool. And with the plastics they can do these days, it's awfully doable, and I can't imagine a world where a billion G-Dub sculptors are not chomping at the bit to do it.

Woohoo!! First Green Marines, then Blue Marines (and most other colors!), and ...oh wait...
    I just wish M&Ms colors got released the same way.

After Space Wolves and Blood Angels are released I wonder if we will be back to the days of no one playing vanilla marines? Anyways woot for Tyranids. I know we do not need it the most but as a horde nid player I am looking forward to the new dex.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Darchangel View Post
    With regards to the Bloody boys (and all other chapter codices)--I have to think they need more distinguishing. The fact is, these chapters are supposed to be Different. If they're the same, why not just buy a space marine codex and cobble a text file of the differences together. A few special characters, three unique units and a shuffled force organization chart, to me at least, does not a codex make. If you're going to do them (and I can't wait until you do--sons of Sanguinius unite, and all that..) run in the other direction with them: Totally different. Give us a whole book of new units, slice our options from the main book and give us army special rules. Make it really a unique experience playing a Blood Angels army or a Dark Angels army. Could you imagine something like a 'lone wolf' Vampire!? Rock on!

Just saying.

With regards to an Ad Mech army, there is nothing wrong with that. Ideas I've had--give them all kinds of weapons the guardsmen have never heard of (keeping them secret and safe from prying eyes). Just some ideas:

-BS4, WS2 Skitarii, Assault 3 12" weapons.. Heavy weapons, no special weapons, mounted on treads and can move with S&P rule. 4+ save/6+Inv. Leaders can get harnesses! (expensive)
    -combat troops S4 T3, two weapons, cheap
    -elite combat troops with servo arms! (and better saves)
    -All kinds of walkers---most with move through cover, mounting different weapons.
    -Astromancer-style HQ choice that directs bombardments in the shooting phase

I've had it in my mind to write the codex.. these are just what I remember off the top of my head. But they aren't guard--they can be unique and cool. And with the plastics they can do these days, it's awfully doable, and I can't imagine a world where a billion G-Dub sculptors are not chomping at the bit to do it.
    good idea but they sound like guard with servo harnasses.

i'd say make skitari have weapons that can do different effects. have different units effect more then jsut armour. get some cool rules for attacking LD, WS, BS, all that and then destroy their armour.

i think highly sepcialized units that you can unlock new traights with different adepts based on what technology they've developed. and you can use knight paladins, screw valks for guard i want a knight paladin.

All I can say is bring on the new Nid dex, so I can finally have a reason to paint the pile of plastic I have sitting here.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yassss Nids.

Battle-Brother

I still have my Angels of Death book which had both chapters in one and I love that book still, even if it has way outdated painting styles and models

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast