BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tyranid Dimachaeron pre-order up!

[url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TYRANID_DIMACHAERON.html]Blarg! And indeed, GRIBBLE! £85.00[/url]

Also quite a bit bigger than I originally thought. Not far off an Imperial Knight I'd say (as the Ad Mech thing's Mortar fits neatly under a Knight's head/chin)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeworld
    The Dimachaeron appears to have evolved for a single purpose, to slaughter those identified among their prey as leaders in the midst of battle, spreading terror and dismay among the ranks of all who resist the Hive Mind's advance. Bristling with blade-arms studded with sickle-like claws, it can slice a fully armoured Space Marine in two and, able to leap a Leman Russ battle tank without breaking stride, when stalking its prey the Dimachaeron dispenses with the slow, stealthy approach of the Lictor and instead relies on sheer brutality and animalistic rage, leaving a gore-soaked trail of carnage behind it.

Perhaps even more fearsome than the array of sickle claws, razor-sharp teeth and tail spikes is the spine-ringed maw hidden within the Dimachaeron's thorax. Any foe unfortunate enough to be caught in the beast's grasp will be held in place while the thorax hinges open and the fanged maw impales them. While the trap-like jaws of the Dimachaeron's ribcage hold the victim in place, the spine-maw injects them with a potent bio-acid, reducing their internal organs to a slurry of nutrients that are then absorbed by the Tyranid to bolster its own physiology, allowing it to ignore all but the most horrific of injuries.

The Tyranid Dimachaeron is a complete multi-part resin kit, designed by Trish Carden. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Friday 15th August. Images featuring the Tyranid Barbed Hierodule and Thanatar Siege Automata are shown scale purposes only.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

She's come up well, if I collected 'nids I would buy one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

looks nice, gotta admit - better than in the previews imho... are the rules on that thingy any good btw?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Honestly...not a fan. Dont really think its the right size for its role. Its role doesnt really do anything we dont have already and it looks fairly scrappy in places. For a reference there is a fan made variant on the tyranid hive done from a tervigon kit that fits the nid aesthetic much better.

Still...to each their own
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Its cool but not $165 cool.

From what I saw of its rules before, imagine something that's essentially a Trygon, give or take. It has some cool abilities to mess things up in melee, and it gets better in melee when it kills stuff, but frankly if you can't get a Trygon across the field by walking, you're not getting this thing into melee either. Basically the inevitable Tyranid problem: What a cool-looking model that butchers stuff in melee. Oh how I wish it was still alive... said by me, at the top of Turn 2.

Oh, and if you think its size means that it can take on a Knight, you can just forget about it. Stomp + LOL = $160 casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    She's come up well, if I collected 'nids I would buy one.
    I collect Nids. Not going to bother. Also don't like how it always says "WORD!" all the time.

Also I don't like how the rules are structured. I mean, it has rules A. To see what rules A has, go see B. To see how B works, go read C. After reading C, I finally understand what A does.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dimachaeron-3.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	10448

This is what I was talking about. It is done by rekrom on the tyranid hive
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

This thing is over the top. Are those lashwhips coming out of it's rending claws? So does it count as having a pair of scything talons, it has the forks! Add in the hungry belly and this thing is a freakshow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-Bellybomb.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	10494

This thing looks like a teenage Tyranid girl at the mall with the Hive Minds credit card, too many accesories.