BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

But this isn't year zero. That would be getting rid of everything and starting again from scratch. They are shaking things up and moving the timeline on, but not resetting.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    But this isn't year zero. That would be getting rid of everything and starting again from scratch. They are shaking things up and moving the timeline on, but not resetting.
    I'm taking that whole spiel with a grain of salt, but I do have to say, they could be using End Times to basically redo the status quo of all of the factions in the Warhammer world and the shape of the world itself before finally redoing the core rules of Warhammer Fantasy Battles in a really major way. That would effectively be a "Year Zero" as you're taking what people "knew" about the world and wiping it out and setting up a new order and structure, and then doing the same with the rules.

They may be using zero year a bit incorrectly but I think the general gist of it is clear, vast and significant reshaping of the WFB setting which has barely changed in twenty years. much enthusiasm, so exciting. wow.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yup.

Warhammer has never really had the sort of timeline ending threat 40k has always had. Now it does, and how! Entire countries (Estalia, Tilea) wiped from the map by Skaven... It's mega is what it is!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. What I don't see though is the entire backstory of races being changed. Being expanded on, check. Killing off characters, check (though they did do that with Marius Leitdorf about three editions ago, so not entirely new). Wiping out whole nations, check. Bringing people back, check. What I don't see them doing is getting rid of nations that actually have armies or radically changing their natures/play styles. Gilles Le Breton isn't going to suddenly announce the founding of a Bertonnian Gunnery School for example. I'm excited, just wanted to point out the ridiculousness of Harry crawling out the woodwork to claim he was right all along when what he is claiming to be right about isn't actually happening.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Harry is overegging the pudding for dramatic effect; that whole thing is an "I was right" without any new information. Pure egotripping.

Whatever the hell is "Glotkin", anyway?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Have to say, I'm disappointed the front page is reporting this meaning less, incorrect and self aggrandising drivel as it is something for they of attention.

Fly Lord

The thing is - I trust Harry's "drivel" over most other rumor mongers "accurate stuff".

He's clearly got the long term contacts and rarely misses. Since Brimstone passed away, he's the last of the rock solid "old-timer rumormongers" out there.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

But is he? Nothing for ages and then he pops up with is 'I was right all along', said in such a fashion that it seems he still isn't right now. Other than the possible names of the books, nothing he has to say is anything other than what we could all hazard a guess at. Should we still be giving creedence to what he says?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Ahh denial
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast