BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New from Forgeworld - Ravenguard Contemptor.

[url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/RAVEN_GUARD_LEGION_CONTEMPTOR_DREADNOUGHT.html]Here it is![/url]. £33 for the chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeworld
    The Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought was once a mainstay of the armoured might of the Astartes Legions of old. Larger and stronger than standard pattern Dreadnoughts, the Contemptor’s systems featured many examples of techno-arcana steeped in the sacred mysteries of the Legio Cybernetica. Some chapters still boast these war relics amongst their ranks, and whenever the Contemptor takes to the field of battle, it is an echo of the power of ancient days.

Model designed by Trish Carden. Complete resin kit depicting Raven Guard Legion iconography. Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought arms shown in some images sold separately. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Monday 15th September.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I really want to like it but I just can't jump on board with the tribal, studded swirls. I really like the chest piece though.

Occuli Imperator

I think we need to see more of it so we get a unifying scheme.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

That's a fair point.
    I really want to see the RG characters.

Reckon it would look cool with the stripe bit in white.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Meh, another contemptor.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Reckon it would look cool with the stripe bit in white.
    I have to agree, once again it is the paint job that's letting the figure down. I think its a great sculpt, just needs a better paint scheme to do it justice.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First-Captain

I'd be on board with a grey stripe but, for me, the white doesn't fit in with their stealthy image.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    I'd be on board with a grey stripe but, for me, the white doesn't fit in with their stealthy image.
    I kinda figured stealth had been set to the wayside somewhere between "Contemptor" and "Dreadnaught". Or, to put it in a less snarky fashion, Dreadnaughts are something like a living reliquary for the Legion, they should be a place to show off the heraldry and history involved.

At the same time, I'm really not a fan of the tribal striping. I'm all for ethnic and cultural diversity, and I would have loved it if they had added a cultural twist to the Raven Guard. This is not a cultural twist; this is "we have too little bling per square inch, what can we do that we haven't done yet?" If anything, they should have put the serpentine striping on the Alpha Legion. (Yes, I know it goes against their "we're all alike" ethos, but you'd think there'd be some value in showing off once in a while, even if only as a distraction.)
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

I just assumed they tried for a giant Mk6-style studded shoulder pad and it didn't look right so they split the studs up and distributed them in random stripes.