BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Woodies are boned on the artillery front and our cav, monsters and spellcasters would be easily overwhelmed by him. Fortunately, 30-odd Deepwood Scouts and a couple of Glade Rider units, all with poison arrows, would probably make short work of him. Hell, Sisters of the Thorn might actually be decent against him with their poisoned, AP javelins, poisoned attacks and ++4.

So yeah, poison spam could be pretty good against him!
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Quite honestly, I think multiple run in with Chariots or other Impact Hits are the best bet. His base is likely wide enough for a triple charge. Wee bit of luck, and he's toast. It's not exactly a great plan of course, but it's feasible!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Woodies are boned on the Chariot front too

Oh, at a cursory glance, Orion could well do some damage to Nagash! 7 Attacks on the charge, going first, hitting on 3s, wounding on 5s or 4s (depending on what stance you take on the Spear of Kurnuous being a close combat weapon), and Nagash would have to rely on his ++4 to fend off the wounds. Combine that with Orion's amazing shooting and he could certainly hurt Nagash!
    Last edited by Tomgar; 08-15-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

That is very true.

And hit him with a bunch of poison to knock a wound or three off....though of course, this bugger can heal himself!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

You'll really have to kill him through weight of dice, preferably with poison, or a crap load of artillery. No single model would be able to take him down without a bit of luck. A blender vamp, kitted out Demon Prince, or similar combat character could do some damage, but I doubt they could do it on their own without magic buffs. We know the augments available to him via the existing lores can make him even more problematic, and we haven't seen anything about the Lore of Undeath.

Brother-Captain

I feel a great need to send a Skaven Warlord with the Fellblade at him. I don't even know if that's a thing that would be effective, but the narrative demands it.

Necrosphinx could manage it with its Heroic Killing Blow.

Not reliably, but well enough to put the fear into the Undead player.

Also, he's a thousand point Lord choice, which means any game featuring him would have to be 4,000 points or more; at that level, he could be facing not one but four Necrosphinxes.
    Last edited by Houghten; 08-15-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Fly Lord

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48015-Nagash-Returns-amp-Nurgle-Gets-some-Love!&p=443851&viewfull=1#post443851"]Tomgar [/URL]spotted rules earlier today: 8-15-2014

Here's some of the basics:

M:6 BS:7 WS:7 S:7 T:7 W:7 I:6 A:6 Ld:10

Monster
    Level 5 Wizard
    Large Target, Terror, Undead

Rerolls miscast results
    -2 wounds due to instability
    Summoning spells have triple range and summon triple the normal wounds of models.

Staff of power - acts as a reservoir of magic dice that can be stored and used later.
    Black Armor
    Knows 9 Spells
    Zefet-nebtar - magic weapon
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

This guy is bad *** enough that I really want one
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I like the new Nagash. It really drives home that he's a dude that lives alone for centuries at a time and occasionally leaves his house to cause untold suffering upon the public. We must remember there is no internet in the Warhammer world and poor Nagash is going off waaaaaay outdated styles for his outfits. Really look at what he's wearing.
    His hat is a giant pile of ribs with a rib accented top. His staff is just bones, with a bat, which may have a skull instead of a head. The kids these days are afraid of bones right?
    He has a high collar and shoulder pads (made of skulls) and rocks an exposed midriff so everyone knows he's been working out. Do you even lift? Nagash says yes.
    Too awesome, lol!

But ya the model looks great (especially compared to the last one lol), the rules are crazy, (but he's the LORD OF THE UNDEAD, what do you expect), and he cost 1000 points, out of your Lord allotment, so that's a 4000 point minimum game.... So ya crazy, but I can get a lot of Dwarf cannons and a few Rune tooled Lords for that many points, and I think together they could give him a run for his money That or just throw 60 Slayers at him

Still seriously, he looks cool, and I kinda hope that it can get a few old friends of mine back in and excited again, as they were always primarily Undead players, both starting back in the days when you played 'Undead', not Vamps or Khemri...

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast