BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Chaos Dwarfs had to get a Forge World army to get resurrected. Hobgoblins are still largely missing. Dogs of War are completely gone, and they're relatively new. People with older Undead models didn't have an army they looked right with, until recently.

That's to say nothing of things like the Dwarf Slayer army, where you might be able to use part of the army still in another army, but you have a large number of models that are useless.
    Which was basically why I did quit Fantasy a long time ago.

First Army? Chaos.. yey!
    Second Army? Undead... yey!

Hi dear hobbyist, we hear you like Chaos! Thats great! Guess what? We bringt 3 Chaos Armies for triple fun! Of course... your Army is invalid now but great news! You are now free to spend more money!
    Erm... nope... I guess I will just stick with undead then...
    Oh thats fantastic! Guess what?
    Nononono... I dont like that direction...
    Oh we are sure you will like it when we tell you that you can now play two different undead armies! Sure.. your Army is now invalid but great news! You are now free to spend more money!
    So... you basically invalidated my armies and expect me to be happy about that?
    Yes! Why wold you not be happy about new stuff?
    I guess I quit...

-years later-

Storm of Chaos Slaanesh Cult. I like Druchii and I still have some Chaos Warriors and Slaanes Daemons... and the old Lilith Hesperax makes a good Annointed on Slaanesh Steed. I guess Im In again...
    Good news Hobbyist!
    Are they really good this time?
    Sure they are! We are about to bring you a new Edition of your Favorite Fantasy Wargame.
    Oh wow thats really nice...
    Ah one detail I forgot to mention... the Storm of Chaos Army Lists are no longer valid and we are not going to replace them.
    Well... **** you.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    16 years ago - when Dogs of War were released as an army book - is not "relatively new".
    it what, an edition and a half old....in this game thats new
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Go have a lie down and calm down Boofhead, you're making no sense.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Fly Lord

Via Steve the Warboss 8-25-2014
    Endtimes will have 4 Books;

Book 1 will release Late August

Book 2 with Chaos releases in October.

Book 3 with Skaven releases in January.

Book 4 with other Forces releases in March.

Shortly after this WFB 9th Edition arrives. The Rulebook releases at the same time of year as 40k 7th did in 2014.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

I'm royally pissed that they have the gal to remove Kislev. One of the coolest miniatures was Kislev winged hussars. My heart goes out to Polish WFB players. :/
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Kinslayer!

WINNING!!!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

On the subject of the topic... Holy smokes, $79 each for the Mortarchs? On top of Nagash being $105? And $85 for the rules? Even if their rules are phenomenal, I can't justify dropping $345 on four new models. Heck, I'm not even going to have that money any time soon, and if I do, I think I might rather buy an XBox One or a PS4 with it...

Also, I'm sorry, but those skulls inside the monster look even goofier with a clear close up shot. Get rid of those, slim up some of the limbs, it'd be an awesome model. Still too expensive, but man, it is just so close to awesome. (Personal opinion, of course. Others will likely disagree, which is just fine, as long as they don't try to tell me I'm "wrong.")
    Last edited by The Girl; 08-26-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: off topic portion removed

So while I'm certain that the End Times books are where the rumors came from regarding armies being rolled together I don't think this is actually army books. Nagash clearly states to reference Lore of Nehekara and Lore of Vampires in their respective books. If they were rolling everything together permanently then they would roll all that information into the Nagash book.

From my perspective (and this is upheld in the advertising) these supplements are just that, supplements that tie into a book campaign. So people can keep their underwear on and their torches at home over various factions being deleted or merged with other books.

As much as I love WFB and I do love the Nagash figure... I have to hold out. Spending almost 200 dollars for a single figure and a book just isn't going to happen at the moment (fixing the house up in preparation to move).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You are a funny guy. Picking one exampe out of three just to make random statements about me complaining about an issue I never even mentioned.
    Where did I mention "tourney legal"?
    I actually can see why you get banned every 2 or 3 weeks... your attitude towards people is awful.
    Just report and move on, the girl will deal with it in due course
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Stay on topic and refrain from using insults.
    Thank you.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast