BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I hope Manfred found a different way to bring back Nagash honestly, sacrificing a pure maiden is so ****ing cliche and the trope itself is really misogynist. GW are often quite good at twisting tropes so I hope they have done it here.
    A "pure maiden" in the Warhammer World? I scoff!

Chapter-Master

Think I may have to buy that book, just for the fluff. Doubt I'll start an undead army, they don't really float my boat, but it is good to see Warhammer getting some love.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

Been out of fantasy for a long while but this has got me excited.

Thought Nagash was just biding his time and using agents after his defeat by Sigmar. Have they altered the canon again where he needed resurrecting?

Brother-Captain

In the previous fluff, Sigmar killed him. He returned to un-life some 1,666 years after that defeat (it previously took him 1,111 years to recover from the death at the hands of Alcadizzar with the Skaven-forged Fellblade). He returned both times via his ashes slowly returning to his sarcophagus in the Black Pyramid in Khemri.

I'd guess that they have changed the previous fluff to have him either not return himself a 2nd time (and thus need resurrecting by Mannfred & Arkhan) or else he did come back as before, but was so weakened he needed a long time, and a lot of rituals etc to return to full strength hence him not being active for ages and his minions gathering maidens, relics etc.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

One of the big issues Nagash faced after being all hacked and mangled off Alcadizzar was that in the intervening time, the Skaven had pretty much mined all the Warpstone out of Cripple Peak.

When he fought Nagash, he was out of Warpstone, missing his hand, and indeed his shiny floral bonnett, which was somewhere else (can't remember precisely where!)

Nagash has never needed anyone to resurrect him before. It seems he is quite beyond that need. However, that is not to say rituals and that might not speed along the process. Even if he didn't, he certainly seems to have been using Cats Paws for a decent while, no doubt to ensure he has power bases in areas other than Nagashizzar.

Me, I'm so excite about this it's insane! Gonna have to pop on the iPhone Saturday morning and place an order!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Trying to decide if $100 is expensive for this.. leaning towards yes but not crazy expensive..

Not for Nagash. He's massive!

He's also, point for point, probably the single most pound to point effective unit GW have ever produced!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not for Nagash. He's massive!

He's also, point for point, probably the single most pound to point effective unit GW have ever produced!
    yeah $100 isn't too bad for 1,000 points. Will we be able to field him and the new models in regular games/ tournaments or only in the campaign?

Nobody knows!

Tournaments, up to the TO as always.

Regular games? I don't see why not, if you let your opponent know in advance if any additional special rules (like the rumoured 50% allowance for Lords) are involved. Not really any different to wanting to field something really hard. If you just rock up with it, spank your opponent and then act like a tactical genius, you're a dick. Quick heads up, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nobody knows!

Tournaments, up to the TO as always.

Regular games? I don't see why not, if you let your opponent know in advance if any additional special rules (like the rumoured 50% allowance for Lords) are involved. Not really any different to wanting to field something really hard. If you just rock up with it, spank your opponent and then act like a tactical genius, you're a dick. Quick heads up, no problem.
    Gamers taking responsibility for their own games? What is this heresy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Given their track record, I think that's a good indication they might have done it. It seems the Warhammer Fantasy and 40K worlds are mostly the Caucasian Boys Club.
    You do realize that Russians are the very definition of Caucasians?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    She told whatsisname his emissary who demanded she work for Nagash to sod off at the end of the Neferata novel which is set in the contemporary WFB world and she became a vampire by pinching his books after he had been deaded. The vampires did work for him for a while but then abandonedhim and he cursed them and while some serve him like Manfred othes don't.
    Yeah but she did worship him at one point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Wow..they trashed kislev?....nah nor going to believe it until I read it myself
    for once we agree on something. I'll bet its a throw away line about it being 'devastated' which for Kislev is just a temporary set back.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast