BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Lovely stuff. Bet it goes together like a dream, too, all their recent kits have. Logan's amazing.
    It look like it, there are many guide bits all over the place. The manual is top noch
    Also, it think it would also be easy to paint in sub-assemblies, namely the main body and the "supports".

EDIT: I just noticed that they included the army list entry in the manual (in english, french and german)
    Last edited by ZeroNoRyouki; 08-27-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNoRyouki View Post
    It look like it, there are many guide bits all over the place. The manual is top noch
    Also, it think it would also be easy to paint in sub-assemblies, namely the main body and the "supports".
    White Dwarf actually had a page showing that and talking about the pieces they recommended leaving separate while painting. They also recommended sticking some of the bits onto flying bases with a touch of super glue to make them easier to hold while painting.

First-Captain

I have to say there does seem to be a LOT of thin fiddly parts to him, I can see someone clumsy like me really messing up when removing parts from those sprues.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

Could they have fitted any thing else on the sprue?! That is the most crowded one that I have seen.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I think that if you've bought a kit that intricate (and expensive), it's worth taking the time and energy to make sure you put it together and paint it Right.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Don't know if anyone has seen these, but here are some pics from the book:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legion1.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	10904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legion2.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	10905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legion3.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	10906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legion4.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	10907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legion5.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	10908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legion6.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	10909

Not needing a Hierophant or Vampire alive and kicking is huge. More so for TK.

Not needing a Hierophant or Vampire alive and kicking is huge. More so for TK.
    Similarly, it sounds like Tomb Kings Undead can now actually move more freely than they could in the past. It'll be interesting to see how the modified Undead rules work in their entirety.

I really hope this isn't something I have to beg my opponents to be able to use, I'd really like to be able to play my combined Undead all the time. (Also, the Morghasts are pretty nice ruleswise, so if they aren't too expensive, I'll be getting some, and the idea of not being able to use them, or any of those not even remotely cheap characters, or the over $100 Nagash, is just kind of sad... and would actually make me likely to pass on most, if not all, of those models.)

The book says quite clearly that rules within it supersede rules in the BRB, VCs and Tomb Kings books. Of course, always agree with your opponent what you're going to play, but the book backs you up. It's my experience that the Fantasy community is much more relaxed with letting people use their cool models and rules than 40k is.

The book says quite clearly that rules within it supersede rules in the BRB, VCs and Tomb Kings books. Of course, always agree with your opponent what you're going to play, but the book backs you up. It's my experience that the Fantasy community is much more relaxed with letting people use their cool models and rules than 40k is.
    Well, up until Nagash, the big models in Fantasy were pretty much on par with each other, and almost every army had one.

In 40K, you have some like super-heavies that just muck things up, or you can take three Riptides in 1500 points whereas in Fantasy you can't take three Terrorgheists in 1500 points. (But on the subject of that example, a guy last weekend who was using two of them in a game mentioned that there's a tournament where taking two Terrorgheists can seriously impact your comp scores. After seeing what they can do, I totally believe it.)

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast