BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

I also am finding it hard to resist the siren call of Neferata's enormous hat, but I'm moving at the moment so it probably won't be for a while yet.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

it is quite magnificent, I think it must have been commissioned from the chaos dwarfs
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Hey Mr Mystery

Baz here from GW Edinburgh. Sorry you missed out on the cards, shame when we chatted when you popped in on Saturday to pick up your book you didn't mention this as I could have answered your concern straight away.

Since we knew about the Nagash launch here in Edinburgh we started promoting a midnight launch, plus a couple of extra incentives to order from us in store, I guess you missed those as I know you ordered from home. As we opened at midnight the first 4 people that wanted the cards got them, so no nothing cheeky as it was first come first served!

I'd suggest you keep an eye on our Facebook posts if there is another big launch you are interested in as we do try and do something a little bit special for our customers, that way you won't miss out in future.

Hope that clears stuff up for you, really glad to hear you're enjoying the book as much as me! Happy sculpting ;-)

Baz

Chapter-Master

limited edition cards are a really terrible idea. whoever thought that such an everyday hobby essential should be restricted needs their head dunking in the toilet. then given a nipple twist.

Brother-Captain

Couldn't agree with you more Kirsten. The fact that GW Edinburgh had just 4 sets of cards for an entire city of hobbyists is beyond ridiculous, especially as this new Lore can be used by every army. Even if they were to keep it limited, they should still have scaled up how many they printed by a factor of at least ten.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more Kirsten. The fact that GW Edinburgh had just 4 sets of cards for an entire city of hobbyists is beyond ridiculous, especially as this new Lore can be used by every army. Even if they were to keep it limited, they should still have scaled up how many they printed by a factor of at least ten.
    Here in Jacksonville we have one GW store; they had three sets, that's it. There were five people waiting at the store early for it to open. A friend and I went to the store an hour early (thank goodness for the Dunkin Donuts right by it) to wait and get our sets. The really awful thing is that the person who got the third set was a kid who doesn't even play WFB, and the army he wants to get is Ogre Kingdoms, so he doesn't even need the cards (he's not going to be summoning Undead with them). But that left everyone else without a set, including people with Undead armies.

It seems to me like they either didn't even remotely gauge the interest right (which means someone in their marketing research group should be fired with extreme prejudice, if not the entire group responsible for keeping track of the customer base's interests), or they didn't have enough money on hand to do a larger print run. When the two options are serious ineptitude showing a lack of being in touch with your customers, or a problem with having the money to actually keep producing products, that's two choices that just don't look good for a company. It's probably the former, but yeah, heads should roll for that, because it creates bad PR and could have been avoided with the slightest forethought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it isn't the heads that are the problems though, that is easy to sort, it is the fact they are much bigger than the vampire count skeletons
    Ah... Sorry, I have a hard time recognizing that issue, the Skeleton Warriors I have for my VC army are the older models, which use the same core as the TK Skeletons. I haven't picked up any of the new ones because I figure 80 Skeletons should be enough (and then the Lore of Undeath comes out).

But if you're not mixing them, it might still work. Maybe they're just really hardy hunters who were conscripted into an army as archers, then died, then got raised again? It's not the best story, but at least it's something.

Chapter-Master

possibly, mainly I am thinking the bow arm on its' own might not look too big on a VC skeleton, will have to try on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    limited edition cards are a really terrible idea. whoever thought that such an everyday hobby essential should be restricted needs their head dunking in the toilet. then given a nipple twist.
    THIS 1000 times this.

- - - Updated - - -

Also found [URL="http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-fantasy/gotrek-felix-join-times-story-warhammer/"]this[/URL] on my internet wanderings tonight, looks like the reports of Kislev's 'destruction' were some what exaggerated.

What was this about some Nurgle rumours?
    Seems like that was just random wishlisting.

Librarian

So... seems we have the new WD filtered on the web, as every monday!

Via [url]http://miniwojna.blogspot.com.es[/url] and La Taberna de Laurana ([url]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es[/url])

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img115.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	10970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img116.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	10971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img117.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	10972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img118.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	10973
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast