BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    So the big bad vampires are back..................Awesome! I just hope this isn't leading back to hero hammer. (Mind you i would love to face Nagash since i would just boltthrower him XD)
    To be honest I miss the days of herohammer, better than the musthavehugehordessobuy50troopsornewmonsters that exists today

Ordered both the LTD edition and cards, very keen here!

Brother-Captain

So happy to see Crom back, such a great figure. By the looks of it the rules for Valten are in his first version, so I'm guessing the Exalted version's rules will follow in some later book as the storyline progresses. It'll be interesting to see if the other special characters from Storm of Chaos get updated rules (and possibly figures) as the End Times series continues, like Ar-Ulric, Garagrim Ironfist, Borgut Facebeater etc. I'd love to see a plastic Goblin-Hewer with a new Malakai Makaisson most though, always loved that crazy dwarf.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 08-24-2014 at 06:23 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    So yeah, for anyone who read the fluff and had more imagination than a child, there were countless ways to explain conflict between any two armies given the current fluff. It didn't need to be the "End Times" for people to be fighting. The "End Times" thing is a horrible cliche, a trope that extremely novice writers and kids wanting to be writers use (though ironically, even as a kid, I never went there, because it was so dull and predictable).
    For Hans the Halberdier it probably feels like the end of the world, but in the big picture it's just another incremental step towards the WH world slowly getting ****tier.

Battle-Brother

Noticed gotrek gurnisson gets a mention in the sample of the novel that they've put up. Wonder if they'll redo him

Apologies for not reading all 23 pages of nerdgasms, but is this confirmed to be a new campaign? Or is it a retcon/rehaul of the last Black Crusade with Abadd... I mean incursion with Archaon?
    How many times will it be End times? And wasn't Valten killed/kidnapped by the Skaven after said campaign?

Not entirely sold on Nagashs mini, too big a hat and silly octopus arms for my taste.
    But if it's supernew fluff with Nagash in it, I probably will buy the book for that alone, even if don't have any WHFB models at all anymore.

It appears to be nothing less than a reboot of the Warhammer setting. It's not a world campaign like Storm of Chaos, but more like the Sanctus Reach stuff for 40k: there'll be more books telling the story, setting things up, providing variant rules, campaigns, scenarios etc.

The End Times is taking the place of Storm of Chaos. It happens at the same time. Storm of Chaos was rolled back/retconned to "about to happen" a few years ago - every 8th ed books leaves it on the cusp. So forget everything that happened in that campaign. The End Times is the new, "current" state of Warhammer.

It's entirely possible that the Warhammer World that follows will be quite a different place. The game and setting have needed a shakeup for a while; this is that. I think it's as exciting as hell.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Thanks alot Cpt Smurf, for both clarification and a quick reply.

So they did the same thing with both of their systems.
    I'm one of those who really loved how they made "permanent" changes the way they did with both Storm of Chaos and Eye of Terror. And to hear, see and read that they decided to pull back a few years was disappointing, and quite frankly it's quite hard to read the fluff nowadays when those memories are still lingering.

That said, I will most likely buy this book just for the fluff and the probably superb artwork.

In my mind, Grimgor's headbutt of Archaon still happened.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/08/undead-legions-la-lista-dellesercito.html#more"]L'Atropate[/URL] 8-24-2014

Undead Legions: Army List
    Army Composition is only changed to allow 50% Lords

(N): Warhammer Nagash
    (CV): Vampire Counts
    (RF): Tomb Kings

Lords

Nagash
    Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night
    Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament
    Neferata, Mortarch of Blood
    Krell, Mortarch of Despair
    Vlad von Carstein, Mortarch of Shadow
    Vampire Lord
    High Necromancer
    Ghoul King Strigoi
    High Queen Khalida
    Tomb King
    High Liche Priest

Heroes

Necromancer
    Vampire
    Wight King
    Cairn Wraith
    Tomb Banshee
    Prince Apophas
    Tomb Prince
    Tomb Herald
    Liche Priest
    Necrotect

Core Units

Zombies
    Vampire Counts Skeleton Warriors
    Cypt Ghouls
    Dire Wolves
    Tomb Kings Skeleton Warriors
    Skeleton Archers
    Skeleton Horsemen
    Skeleton Horsemen with bows
    Skeleton Chariot

Special Units

Corpse Cart
    Grave Guard
    Black Knights
    Cypt Horrors
    Fell Bats
    Bat Swarm
    Spirit Host
    Hexwraiths
    Vargheists
    Tomb Guards
    Necropolis Knights
    Tomb Scorpion
    Ushabti
    Tomb Swarm
    Carrion
    Khemrian Warsphinx
    Sepulchral Stalkers
    Morgast Harbingers

Rare Units

Varghulfs
    Blood Knights
    Cairn Wraiths
    Black Coach
    Terrorgheist
    Mortis Engine
    Bones Giant
    Hierotitan
    Necrosphinx
    Screaming Skull Catapult
    Casket of Souls
    Morghast Archai

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	la foto.JPG 
Views:	5774 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	10831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	la foto2.JPG 
Views:	5272 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	10832
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/08/undead-legions-la-lista-dellesercito.html#more"]L'Atropate[/URL] 8-24-2014
    High Queen Khalida? Why is she in there she hates Nagash!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    In my mind, Grimgor's headbutt of Archaon still happened.
    But if it did why isn't Archy Spawn?

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast