BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I am quite literally squealing and skipping around my house with glee right now. I'm so amazed! The Nagash model looks so much better in the new pictures than even the first glimpse could have possibly set us up for, and Neferata.....my god, Neferata.....My Lahmian Vampire army will finally be led by its First Mistress, the Queen of the Night! While I might have preferred a model without the weird hat, it looks amazing and I'm picking both it and Nagash up on day one. I hope like hell she can be built on foot!

By the way, Neferata/Mannfred/Arkhan are a triple kit - you can tell by the identical bottom half of the model. I'm so excited.....I'm so very, very excited....I've never been this excited about a GW release since 6th Edition Chaos Space Marines (and what a disappointment that turned out to be as a Thousand Sons player). I can't wait! I've already messaged my local GW manager to take all my money!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Brother-Captain

Confirmed, it IS Neferata - The Mortarch of Blood (cool title!)

Attachment 10743

And yeah a triple character kit by the looks of it!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Not a huge fan of the giant, and rather unwieldy, headress on Neferata but otherwise I really do like all of the models (including Neferata). I am a bit curious why all of the mounts look... robotic? Steampunkish?

Seriously... it's like a chandelier on her head...
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    I am a bit curious why all of the mounts look... robotic? Steampunkish?
    By the looks of them I'm gonna guess that the mounts are some arcane combination of the animated Khemrian statues (a la the sphinx thing they have) and necromancy what with all the skulls and bones filling the cavity of the stone? bones. They make sense given that Necromancy itself is a perversion of Dark Elven blood magic mixed with the writings and studies of Khemri's death cult. Nagash has never shied from twisting the knowledge of his people before, much to their dismay in the novel trilogy (especially the first book of it).
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    By the looks of them I'm gonna guess that the mounts are some arcane combination of the animated Khemrian statues (a la the sphinx thing they have) and necromancy what with all the skulls and bones filling the cavity of the stone? bones. They make sense given that Necromancy itself is a perversion of Dark Elven blood magic mixed with the writings and studies of Khemri's death cult. Nagash has never shied from twisting the knowledge of his people before, much to their dismay in the novel trilogy (especially the first book of it).
    That and, to be blunt, the CAD design often ends up with things looking chunkier and stiffer than they otherwise would. As much as they talk it up, it's something that's very noticeable in some of the newer models compared to older models.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398899-WHF-in-the-near-future-Mk-II&p=7246681&viewfull=1#post7246681"]Felwether[/URL] and [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398899-WHF-in-the-near-future-Mk-II"]Archibald_TK[/URL] 8-18-2014
    I hope you didn't like Kislev, because there is no longer a Kislev.
    That's what the 4th or 5th time now?

Kislev is constantly getting raised to the ground and rebuilt, its kind of their shtich. This doesn't rule out a Kislev army.

- Archaon advance have been stalled by Vlad under the order of Nagash (the Empire was in major trouble).
    As someone else pointed out that would be His 'son' Manfred.

I know the WFB lore very poorly
    We never would have guessed!

You know, (i don't know if anyone touched on this) i had a funny feeling something was going on in the Undead front. As a HE player myself, and avid Fantasy fluff junkie, i found it peculiar that the final entry on the "The Reign of Finubar" timeline has all the HE main heroes storming Nagashizzar to save the capture Princess Aliathra. It was weird, to me, that Mannfred was there, also that he was the perpetrator. More importantly, where did Nagash go? That was his domain, yet he wasn't anywhere to be found.

Wonder if that story will tie into the Nagash campaign, i mean...all the HE heroes are on the mainland now, Teclis must be sensing a "disturbance in the force" wassagonnahabbin? Either way, my interest is piqued, this may draw me away from my warmahordes and back into the Fantasy front. Heres' to hoping.

Scout

The hype is officially real people!

Love the new image angles of the Nagash model he looks so much more dynamic than the original grainy image leaked a few days ago. He is going to be a blast to paint up even with the very high initial price tag. Arkhan/Neferata/Mannfred Triple kit looks cool as, again I can't wait to see them in person and play around with the kit. Spirit hosts looks really nice, blending the old school feel of a swarm of ghosts perfectly with the new apparition look that has been surrounding VC recently (ala Mortis Engine and Mannfreds cloak)

The standout for me however are the new Morghast/Harbingers. They look AMAZING. So dynamic, but with a sense of power and toughness, can't wait. Using the wings as a form to hold them up is an interesting idea that I think has been nailed perfectly. I really hope the rules live up to the models. I guess if they don't they can always be used as Ushabti/Vargheists without too much bother.

Chapter-Master

I'm waiting until I read all this new background as I'm not sure I like the sound of it. I do like the fact that we have a single model kit though, it increases the chances if us seeing an Ariel kit one day! I'm also hoping this is a multipart expansion, like the recent Sanctus Reach one for 40k, so that the good guys can get some models and a chance to fight back against Nagash. For Sigmar!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Flibble.......
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast