BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Scout

Default 9th Ed. Possibilities

You know what would be an interesting turn of events from here? If 9th Ed. went back to using the tabled allowance for it's armies, as in at 2k-3k you get 0-2 lord, 0-2 heroes, 2+ core, 0-4 special, 0-2 rare, and maybe an extra section where it's like 0-1 allies/monsters/undead legion. Similar to how 40k has been pushing expanding/unbound field allocations, the extra freedom in Fantasy might be a welcome breather and see more of the BBEG dudes like Nagash, Archaon and Malekith on the table. Herohammer ftw

Urgh no, Herohammer died a justified death and needs to stay dead.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

"-2 wounds due to instability"

Anyone know what that means?

Does it mean he loses two wounds for every point he loses combat by, instead of one?

Or that he never loses more than two wounds, no matter how much he loses combat by?

Neither of those things. It means that he, and friendly Undead units within 12" of him, lose two fewer wounds to Instability than they otherwise would.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Urgh no, Herohammer died a justified death and needs to stay dead.
    But i miss my 1000pt vampire lord on dragon ***** slapping everything in the table..........It let my skeletons have tea!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Neither of those things. It means that he, and friendly Undead units within 12" of him, lose two fewer wounds to Instability than they otherwise would.
    And with a BSB, that's three less!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And with a BSB, that's three less!

AKA: Stay at 2000pts or less lol
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Reports are saying he costs 1000 points, which sounds about right. Unless he has special fielding rules, people are going to need big armies.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Reports are saying he costs 1000 points, which sounds about right. Unless he has special fielding rules, people are going to need big armies.
    "Nagash can be included in an Undead Legions army. His Point cost counts towards your lords allowance."

However, it doesn't state that he -is- a lord. So with allowing 25% core, you're looking at about 1334 points to be able to field him.

As for people coming up with ways to take him out, I really don't think it's as difficult as you might think. He's got a 4+ armor and a 4+ ward save. He's going to be able to deal 6+d6 wounds at most if you are infantry. Charge him with a big enough block and you have a charge, +3 ranks and a banner, and that's before you've even done any damage. If it's a scary big block it might even include a BSB.

Let's take the optimal thing, a big scary block with a BSB and full command charges him in the rear.

Your bonus:
    +1 charge
    +1 banner
    +1 BSB
    +2 rear
    +3 ranks

Before anybody swings, you've already won combat by 8. He'll most likely need 3s to hit at best, so 4 attacks hit. He'll then need 2s to wound, so let's assume he wounds all 4. After that he stomps, let's assume he rolls 4 and wounds all of them, which seems better than average to me. He has now broken even. If it's a unit with ****ty WS (5+s to hit) and mediocre strength (6+s to wound), you're still looking at doing like 3 or so wounds after saves just from the sheer number of attacks you get with such a big block. And that's assuming they are terrible at combat. If they are weapon skill 3 you're hitting at 4s, if you're 6 he's also hitting at 4's and likely to miss more. If you're strength 5 you're wounding him on 5s. Great weapons you're going to be shredding his *** and his armor.

Even if you only deal 3 wounds at that point, you're still causing him to crumble by 1, resulting in 4 wounds lost in 1 combat phase.
    Last edited by Theik; 08-16-2014 at 07:42 AM.

If it counts towards the lord allowance then you can't exceed the lore allowance.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast