BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: When did you last do it (fnarr!)

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Planning one in the near future

5 6.10%
  • Just kicked a new one off

40 48.78%
  • Not for a year

6 7.32%
  • Not for two years

10 12.20%
  • Not for three years

2 2.44%
  • Over three years

12 14.63%
  • A nerd doesn't plan these things.

7 8.54%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    I started my Imperial Guard army about 10 years ago. I would have started Orks and Chaos, but for lack of money and time. As it stands, I'm probably not going to start another army until my kids are in college. My oldest is 7, so that's gonna be a while.
    wellllll, you could collect another regiment of the IG, perhaps one of the ones they made models for but you somehow never got round to buying, slowly buying a few at a time over a few years, you'd still have just one army that way, one army in a bigger army
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

I started a Tau Farsight Enclaves army a few weeks after the release of that supplement. The maneuverability and firepower of an army composed of XV8 crisis suits and the advantage of being a Bound-list, made me happier than a clam.

About a year and half ago, I started building my Imperial Armor Battlegroup army. I now have almost 30 Leman Russ tanks...and I think I need more.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I now have almost 30 Leman Russ tanks...and I think I need more.
    not enough, you need more, more is always good, that game table should be creaking with the weight of all that armoured fury sitting ontop of it
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    not enough, you need more, more is always good, that game table should be creaking with the weight of all that armoured fury sitting ontop of it
    The last Apoc game I was at a guy told me beforehand "Hey, you have some tanks right? Since you're IG? Bring some to the Apoc game." I agreed. When the game day happened and I showed up, I became taking out all the tanks and lining them up. By the eleventh or twelfth tank, one of the guys on the opposing force shook his head and said "guess we should start packing away things now." lol
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Just started deldar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    The last Apoc game I was at a guy told me beforehand "Hey, you have some tanks right? Since you're IG? Bring some to the Apoc game." I agreed. When the game day happened and I showed up, I became taking out all the tanks and lining them up. By the eleventh or twelfth tank, one of the guys on the opposing force shook his head and said "guess we should start packing away things now." lol
    We have a guy like that at our LGS. When he runs Apoc, he covers the Deployment Zone across three tables and has to play Tetris while Deploying just to fit it all in.

Brother-Captain

Tetris Deployment is a fun pregame experience...sometimes.

Librarian

well i mean i haven't technically started a new army in a while but i continue to work on a build several armies simultaneously. it all comes down to what i am doing like i have a small eldar force there's tau. but i spent the last month working on deamons and chaos. so it all depends on what is on my painting table at any given time. i have a general rule of thumb where i cannot and will not buy something for an army when i still have units that are grey primed or in box. so its like oh i want that... but i cannot get that because skulltaker has to be finished and oh ya all those deamons you got off ebay... finish them first... thats usually how my mental thought goes. it all depends on my level of self control. heck i have units that i have painted and forgot i even had and never used... so ya hi my name is sean and i am addicted to warhammer 40k....
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

I have been playing my terribly painted (!) CSM and Daemons for a couple of years, dabbled with a few others, Orks, Grey Knights, but started with a new Imperial Fists army a few months ago, which Im still getting built up and painted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234