BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: When did you last do it (fnarr!)

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Planning one in the near future

5 6.10%
  • Just kicked a new one off

40 48.78%
  • Not for a year

6 7.32%
  • Not for two years

10 12.20%
  • Not for three years

2 2.44%
  • Over three years

12 14.63%
  • A nerd doesn't plan these things.

7 8.54%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default When did you last start an army?

How do?

Topic for discussion is as per the thread title. When was the last time you started a new army?

Want to explore this as having just started a new Orky army, I realised that this is the first 40k army I've had a crack at since my Necrons, and those I did on their release.

How about you? How old is your current army? Do you have plans to start a new one? Perhaps you're just happy with what you have, and aren't planning anything at all, let alone the near future.

Tells us Bols. TELLS US! And sod it, a wee poll as well.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Started a space marine army when Tyranid codex came out. (Feel free to guess why.)
    Then started an Ork army when Stormklaw came out, with Space Lions (No, screw your wolves, I want lions!) models waiting for the future.

Hmm, hard to say. I've been around long enough that if I were to go for CSM, SM, IG/AM, Orks, 'Nids, Necrons, or Dark Eldar, it could be called re-starting an army, rather than starting (from scratch). I guess it was in the late days of 5th edition that I first started DE, though I put them aside, picked them up again, and put them aside again in the intervening time...

Librarian

I'd like to start a Hours Hersey Space Wolves/ 6th Legion force, however the book was announced to be pushed back 2 years. I got a few Tactical Marines in Mk2 Crusade armour (my favorite version so far) I'm tempted to change those plans to do World Eaters, as they favor the same armour version and FW has the kits for their special stuff already out. So, I'm still not sure as to what I'm going to do with my HH force plans, kinda undecided atm.
    Wait the two years for Wolves, or dig in with W. Eaters...

I've started a new army before 7th came out... (end of april 2014). Though that army is a bit shelved because of 7th as well. I haven't played a game of 7th so it's not really much of a motivation for me to build a new army. The one guy I play with in my area refuses to get into 7th and he's starting to get into other tabletop games, so slim chance he'll get into it.

So I have a starting Eldar force around... my complete force is my Chaos army (Daemons & Chaos marines), but that's been playable for about a year now. It is being expanded every once in a while, mostly just for painting purposes (since plenty of the new models I bought recently I have no real use for except for looking awesome).
    40k- Chaos Space marines - Chaos Daemons - WM/H - Khador - Cygnar - Dystopian wars - EotBS

I'm ordering the new Space Wolves codex and some assembly tools tonight. I will probably buy a few Wolf Packs tomorrow and then start building.

Most recent army is Dark Angels. Started them around Jan/Feb as I recall. Before that I dunno. Probably Dark Eldar, but I think that was a couple/three years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S View Post
    Hmm, hard to say. I've been around long enough that if I were to go for CSM, SM, IG/AM, Orks, 'Nids, Necrons, or Dark Eldar, it could be called re-starting an army, rather than starting (from scratch).
    That's my situation really. Only armies I never did were Squats, Tau, Necrons and Blood Angels. Gave away my Orks, Tyranids and Cadians. Sold my Ultramarines, Biel Tan Eldar, Valhallans and Tallarn. What I have left now is Inquisition, GK, Sisters, Crimson Fists, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Ulthwe Eldar, Exodite Eldar, Dark Eldar, Daemons (Tzeentch/Slaanesh mostly with a smattering of other stuff), Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons and Steel Legion/Tanith. Way too many, but admittedly I have been recently tempted to pick up 'Nids again or maybe start a World Eaters army. The FW conversion kits are just too cool looking.
    Last edited by silashand; 08-08-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Tau Empire last month.

Well I have been working on a very large IG army and I feel like I could use a treat. So I started a Inquisitor band with lots of very different units. Arbites, Admec, some civilan militia, and with a few allied in Space Marines. Its'a big long confusing list of count as henchmen and allied this and that.

But with rumors of a new grey knights codex, Ill probably will have to hold of on a full army, maybe just for now I'll keep to a count as guard codex. Lame.

I hate it when GW gets in the way of its own stupid game.

I put together a Craftworld Eldar army of about 1200 points over the last couple of months (lots of wraithbone). Now I'm considering a small Space Wolves contingent. I'm all go!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast