BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: When did you last do it (fnarr!)

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Planning one in the near future

5 6.10%
  • Just kicked a new one off

40 48.78%
  • Not for a year

6 7.32%
  • Not for two years

10 12.20%
  • Not for three years

2 2.44%
  • Over three years

12 14.63%
  • A nerd doesn't plan these things.

7 8.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

I had to grab some discipline and not start a new army. There was a good deal on some 'nids at a local store and i almost bit on it. But I remembered my "to build" pile was too high and really didn't need to take on another army.

Scout

I've got four armies now, which is too many really. I only have myself to blame, guy offered me all of the Orks from AoBR plus 3 or 4 units for £20 and I just couldn't say no, what with the new codex and all

I have some 8 or so armies; Orks was most recent to build up (I had a few from Space Crusade and the AoBR ones) but only started them as an actual army last year. Just after I did my Crons.
    A couple of my armies are small detachments really designed to ally with other armies. But most are >3.5k in size. Biggest is Space Marines who with all the HQ's can stick >7.5k on the table.

Too many? How can you have too many? Probably why I don't win as can't spend enough time with a single army to learn it inside out; but hey winning isn't everything; fun is...
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

I just started my first 40k army, Orks!

Banned

I started my current army project of my DIY Codex: Black Templars Space Marines a few months before Codex: Chaos Marines 6th Edition release. My previous army was in fact, Chaos Marines, with Tau before them.

How I came to this project was while I was doing Tau, someone presented a challenge of why any Chaos Marines would ally with Tau. So, started working out a story of how a Space Marine chapter was corrupted to be allergic to Psychic presences, where even a Human's presence would be irritating. This allowed the Tau to be a tolerable and almost relaxing presence. I started to get bored with the project, and always had a small love for the Black Templars and so started going to the Loyalist half of my Chaos Marines who managed to escape the corruption, well, mostly. Each time, to ease my transition in to the new army, I would sell off the models I had previously built during my LGS' quarterly Mercenary Market, which would generally leave me with only one army per game.

And that's where I am at now.

I MIGHT do Necrons at some point, if I can comfortably get rid of my Marines. Or, I might try to start making the models for my Gue'nam Wing fandex for gits and shiggles. Of course, if they actually release Sisters in plastic, that will probably toss all of those projects off to the side and start building them instead.

I've been too focussed on trying to complete my chapter of marines to start a new army. But I have recently acquired a decent sized steel legion army that I intend to start working on in a few months time hopefully.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

I'd been meaning to start a new army for awhile, I dabbled with IG but really didn't wanna assmble quite that many and decided I'd go with a low model count army. get what I need reasonably fast so that after I could play with "alternative build stuff" so about mid to late july I decided to start Grey Knights.

I was taken by suprise by the new codex.

Chapter-Master

Well how do you define start?
    I now own two units of slayers and a small collection of dwarf heroes having previously never had any dwarfs and only one semi painted WH army previously. But is it an army? certainly not yet I wouldn't think. Is it the start of one? who knows...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

In a sense, the Orks I'm doing right now are a new Ork army (so I'll have two, that I can combine), and I started them just before the new codex came out. As soon as they're done, I already have all the Space Wolves stuff I already have set up ready to start being assembled and painted, with a few basic army lists so I can plan out units and get them onto the tabletop quicker. (Of course, "done" with my Orks is kind of relative. I have a bunch of units still to assemble and paint in time, but they'll mostly be duplicates, spares, stuff like that.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    I have some 8 or so armies; Orks was most recent to build up (I had a few from Space Crusade and the AoBR ones) but only started them as an actual army last year. Just after I did my Crons.
    A couple of my armies are small detachments really designed to ally with other armies. But most are >3.5k in size. Biggest is Space Marines who with all the HQ's can stick >7.5k on the table.

Too many? How can you have too many? Probably why I don't win as can't spend enough time with a single army to learn it inside out; but hey winning isn't everything; fun is...
    "Too many?" Heh.

Let's see, just for 40K...

Ready to play:
    Orks - Multi-clans
    Orks - Blood Axes
    Space Marines - Homebrew Chapter 1 (my dad's)
    Space Marines - Homebrew Chapter 2 (mine)
    Chaos Marines - Iron Warriors
    Eldar
    Dark Eldar
    Chaos Daemons
    Blood Angels (need to finish painting)
    Imperial Guard (need painted)

To assemble:
    Space Wolves
    Chaos Marines - Khorne army

Also have an assembled and painted Knight, plus some various models to use as an Inquisitor and his retinue (and another to use Inquisitor rules to represent a Rogue Trader and his retinue). And all kinds of stuff to make small detachments to add to armies.

Veteran-Sergeant

Started Imperial Knights in February. Haven’t been inspired to build a new army from the ground up like that in ages.
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast