BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

As a Nid player, an army whose Psychic defense was Shredded by 7th and not fixed by the bull**** lords, I find Psilencers TERRIFYING!!

That being said, my nurgle army is laughing its head off at the loss of psybolt.....
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-19-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

You shouldn't be too afraid. Still only str4, you still get your armor. And GKs are desperately lacking in anti tank, so we're not likely to waste weapon slots on pilencers.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You shouldn't be too afraid. Still only str4, you still get your armor. And GKs are desperately lacking in anti tank, so we're not likely to waste weapon slots on pilencers.
    Yeah but at 12 shots (two psilencers) its a 40% chance to kill outright for a T6 3+ MC (assuming Psychic passed) thats pretty rough from a single squad man
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

A 36% chance, but again, I doubt you'll actually see any GK players taking psylencers because against every single other army in the game, they're just as terrible as they were before. And that's assuming you don't take the Heavy Psycannon/Heavy Incinerator, which is better overall.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

I dunno man, a single squad of the dominion wannabes with psilencers could be a good way of effectively removing a MC a turn from the game, and the salvo change for psycannons makes them way less tasty on that platform

Throwing Misfortune on the MC in question before psilencing it would probably do the trick, or would that fall under "throwing good money after bad"?

Personally, I kinda hope Psilencers remain throw-away, as I was using them to make Autocannons for my Nurgle marines.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Daemon princes?

Obliterators?

Chaos Spawn?

Broadsides?

Riptides?

I could go on...
    Great for Spawn and other daemon gribblies yeah. Also another nail in the coffin of Tyranid Warriors.

Against Obliterators, Broadsides and Riptides not so much though, the 2+ armour is likely to shrug it off. Great if they do roll up a couple of ones though.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Great for Spawn and other daemon gribblies yeah. Also another nail in the coffin of Tyranid Warriors.

Against Obliterators, Broadsides and Riptides not so much though, the 2+ armour is likely to shrug it off. Great if they do roll up a couple of ones though.
    right but the heavy psilencer is 12 shots. At BS4 thats 9 hits, 4.5 wounds against T4 opponents.... thats a damn decent chance or rolling a couple 1's.

I took a look at the consolidated rumor roundup on BoK and honestly, it looks fine in so much that everything got cheaper. I've always loved the GK aesthetic and I'm trying very hard to resist the pull of Titan right now.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

nly a few specific units have gotten cheaper. Terminators, Librarians, Dreaadknights, and Draigo is about it. Most other stuff lost options like psybolt ammo and stayed the same price or got more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Daemon princes?

Obliterators?

Chaos Spawn?

Broadsides?

Riptides?

I could go on...
    Oblits- 2+ save
    Spawn- Wounded on 6s
    DP- Legit but wounded on 5s
    Riptides- 2+ save PLUS FnP PLUS Wounded on 6s
    Broadsides- 2+ save

Coupled with 24" range. Not terribly scared.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast