BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

They're not fakes, they're directly from GW., accidentally bundled with the SW digital stuff. They are supposedly out of date, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Seems weird they would remove Psybolts but still have incinerators, which are basically flamers with psyflame.

I'm still holding out some hope, since without psybolts the GK weaponry is very lacking high strength guns aside from Lascannons/Melta on Land Raiders and Stormravens.
    WFB: Dwarfs 3000+ Points, Warriors of Chaos 3000+ Points
    W40k: Grey Knights 2000+ Points

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Galushi View Post
    Seems weird they would remove Psybolts but still have incinerators, which are basically flamers with psyflame.

I'm still holding out some hope, since without psybolts the GK weaponry is very lacking high strength guns aside from Lascannons/Melta on Land Raiders and Stormravens.
    Well to be fair Psyflame and Psybolt were to allow units that lacked Incinerators and Psycannons (i.e. Razorbacks, Land Raiders, Stormravens) to still fit in with other Grey Knights. Psyflame + Heavy Flamer = Incinerator/ Psybolt + Assault Cannon = Psycannon. The only real abuse was on Heavy Bolter turrets but otherwise it all made sense. As to the new codex, one possibility that has been thrown around is that all Grey Knights come standard with Psybolt - it would certainly explain why the power-armoured models didn't get any cheaper. Also of note is that Draigo has dropped 30 points....I never had a problem with his rules so I hope they haven't been toned down, though I pray they've tweaked his background. Oh, and Nemesis Dreadknights with 30 point Personal Teleporters? Count me in! I am also of the opinion the leaked copy isn't finished as there doesn't seem to be any unit entries for Rhinos/Razorbacks/Land Raiders, that or no-one bothered to look at them.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Well to be fair Psyflame and Psybolt were to allow units that lacked Incinerators and Psycannons (i.e. Razorbacks, Land Raiders, Stormravens) to still fit in with other Grey Knights. Psyflame + Heavy Flamer = Incinerator/ Psybolt + Assault Cannon = Psycannon. The only real abuse was on Heavy Bolter turrets but otherwise it all made sense. As to the new codex, one possibility that has been thrown around is that all Grey Knights come standard with Psybolt - it would certainly explain why the power-armoured models didn't get any cheaper. Also of note is that Draigo has dropped 30 points....I never had a problem with his rules so I hope they haven't been toned down, though I pray they've tweaked his background. Oh, and Nemesis Dreadknights with 30 point Personal Teleporters? Count me in! I am also of the opinion the leaked copy isn't finished as there doesn't seem to be any unit entries for Rhinos/Razorbacks/Land Raiders, that or no-one bothered to look at them.
    I was thinking that as well. Though I have a hard time believing termies got that much cheaper with baked in Psybolts. I'm more inclined to think the entries weren't complete. For Psybolts to stay in I would have expected that we'd be paying per model rather then the flat fee per unit. Something like 3 pts/model. Slightly cheaper on 5man units, slightly more on full 10. That's probably what I'll houserule them if they remove them completely.
    WFB: Dwarfs 3000+ Points, Warriors of Chaos 3000+ Points
    W40k: Grey Knights 2000+ Points

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Galushi View Post

Its possible Psycannons, Incinerators have had another profile change, taking them back to the unique weapons they used to be and away form the +1 assault cannon/ flamer
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Baron - House Descanso

Confirmed,Grey Knigths are next:
    [url]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/08/se-confiraadios-lobos-espaciales-hola.html[/url]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10583182_10152563160852789_100647412_n.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	10495
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Its possible Psycannons, Incinerators have had another profile change, taking them back to the unique weapons they used to be and away form the +1 assault cannon/ flamer
    What could those special properties be? (I mean i am not familiar with the previous incarnations)
    - Ignore invulnerable save
    - ignore cover save
    - rending
    - something else?

Anyway, so far all i am hearing is what i've always hoped GK to be.. Happy times, now there's only hoping that gw hasn't f*cked this up

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

The old Incinerator was a heavy flamer that also ignored all invul saves and the Psycannon was like a heavy bolter, but had 2 profiles, one for moving and firing, and it also ignored invuls. was very cool, personally I also thought it should have been taken to the next logical step and applied the AP/Sv rules to invuls, ie, AP4 beats 4+ invuls

personally I dont care, but grey knights need a ballancing, even if its just removing ObjSec from palladins
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-11-2014 at 04:53 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Not sure about the state of your local meta, but where i play the life expectancy is the lowest for any terminator armor with the nemesis dreadknight close in the second. Only time when PAGs will be the number 1 cannon fodder is when there are helldrakes around..

Anyway, anything that makes me able to take more terminators makes me a happy grandmaster

DAboarder: You mean GK are somewhat OP now? (or do i just misunderstand your post)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Also, it'd give me the perfect excuse to run a fluffy Dark Angels list with attached Inquisitor and retinue, investigating the actions and doctrines of the Unforgiven.
    Umm, wouldn't this be unfluffy? I'd think the Dark Angels would do everything they can to keep Inquisitors away from the Unforgiven, and potentially finding out their dark secret ...

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast