BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    And here I am laughing my head off as said GK is made abaddons little ****
    I get the same feeling about Mortarion, one of the Daemon Primarchs, being taken down several notches by Draigo...

I will give Abbadon credit, he ambushed the GK with several blanks to bring him down, a cunning move.
    Still the saddest part of the book for me. Draigo punching Azrael only partially makes up for it.

Chapter-Master

Man, that book was terrible... at least it had cool moments, even if half of them were delivered like a wet fish...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    I get the same feeling about Mortarion, one of the Daemon Primarchs, being taken down several notches by Draigo...

I will give Abbadon credit, he ambushed the GK with several blanks to bring him down, a cunning move.
    Still the saddest part of the book for me. Draigo punching Azrael only partially makes up for it.
    Ok so mortarion got punked.. but hes a daemon prince and can come back therefor it doesnt counp
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    No, Azrael was being prissy about a Space Marine that may have been a Fallen DA and was one of the original Grey Knights. He goes missing, so naturally Draigo goes straight to Azrael, ***** slaps him, and tells him straight to his face that if he finds out a Grey Knight was captured by the DAs, he'll fly straight to the high lords of terra and reveal every little dirty secret the DA think they've kept hidden, including 'what you've got hidden under the Rock'.

That annoys the crap out of me, that the core of the DA's identity (their secret) is revealed to be known to the Grand Master of the Grey Knights and in such a casual, offhand fashion too. Silly, stupid book. The can of worms that opens is ludicrous and basically undermines the entire raison d'etre of the Unforgiven but LOLOLOL we have to make the Grey Knights look cool. Blech.

Brother-Captain

Because it's information that's only useful as a threat? Because it'd be the GK that likely would have to bring the DA to task over something that happened ages ago and they don't want the extra workload? Because the DA are really quite bad at keeping secrets? Seriously, 10 millennia of acting like they have some big secret to keep is only going to make people curious. They don't even have distractions built in like the Blood Angels with their "look at this thing I made" quest for perfection or the Space Wolves "I'm riding a wolf, all questions not about this wolf are cleansed from your mind."

Veteran-Sergeant

No, but they do have the distraction of straight-up murdering any number of people if they're exposed to even a hint of the fallen

I actually liked CZ Dunn's "Protector of Secrets" story, even if Pandorax was quite poo. It showed Azrael ordering the murder of his Guard allies because they were exposed to the fallen for all of a second. But it weighs heavily on him and you can see his deep regret. That was cool.

Anyway, I'm way off-topic here

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    That annoys the crap out of me, that the core of the DA's identity (their secret) is revealed to be known to the Grand Master of the Grey Knights and in such a casual, offhand fashion too. Silly, stupid book. The can of worms that opens is ludicrous and basically undermines the entire raison d'etre of the Unforgiven but LOLOLOL we have to make the Grey Knights look cool. Blech.
    The whole raison d'etre of the dark angels being about how secretive their secret secrets are whole their secret search for secret traitors who secretly might not be secretly traitors because secretyly the secret leaders of the da might have secretly been planning to secretly not be loyal and this is all a great big secret kept secret by the DAs super secret secret squad isn't exactly the deepest backstory I've seen before.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

The whole raison d'etre of the dark angels being about how secretive their secret secrets are whole their secret search for secret traitors who secretly might not be secretly traitors because secretyly the secret leaders of the da might have secretly been planning to secretly not be loyal and this is all a great big secret kept secret by the DAs super secret secret squad isn't exactly the deepest backstory I've seen before.
    It's good enough for me!

Probably about as deep as "we hunt daemons because Emperor" at any rate
    Last edited by Tomgar; 08-12-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Librarian

From La Taberna de Laurana, with love xDDDD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10390390_882848848410114_8527428469162178873_n.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	10516

[url]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/[/url]
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

No, Azrael was being prissy about a Space Marine that may have been a Fallen DA and was one of the original Grey Knights. He goes missing, so naturally Draigo goes straight to Azrael, ***** slaps him, and tells him straight to his face that if he finds out a Grey Knight was captured by the DAs, he'll fly straight to the high lords of terra and reveal every little dirty secret the DA think they've kept hidden, including 'what you've got hidden under the Rock'.
    So basically in short "Don't mess with my friend or i'll tell mum on you."

On a more serious note, i'd be super bummed if GK's don't get any new kits at all. I don't collect them and i don't plan to, but i love seeing all the new toys that each army gets with it's new update.
    Last edited by Xarga; 08-12-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast