BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Grey Knights Rumour Roundup

Initial Rumor 8-8-2014

So Faeit has the Grey Knights Codex up as next weeks release, rumours seem to be pointing to a model-light release for them.

Here's the link: [url]http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/breaking-new-next-week-is-grey-knights.html[/url]

8-9-2014
    Grey Knight Force Org list accidentally inserted into Space Wolves Digital codex.
    Informations is said to outdated and incorrect. An error on GW's part.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1e48daeaa00b6cf4b259bdcdb7a614b2.jpeg 
Views:	1985 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	10460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	214dfa822a393501b078093c3676bc4f.jpeg 
Views:	1793 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	10461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29401f115d54984cce537bc022aeb351.jpeg 
Views:	1675 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	10462
    One of Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/k2bCPIsJkNE/grey-knights-new-info-emerges-along.html"]birds[/URL] said: 8-10-2014
    So... They're out there now, people know they're coming so I can talk about them.

It's true that the Inquisition and assassins were cut. Assassins are getting their own update (similar to 4E) which will let them end up in any Imperial Army without necessarily taking an Inquisitor and have some cool narrative missions/kill team missions.

But we're not here to talk about Assassins.

Grey Knights are definitely getting "stripped" of a lot of the bloat they had before, not necessarily the stuff they had.

What I mean by that is this codex is C:Grey Knights, and NOT Ordo Malleus.

The focus is on the marines and only the marines. If you want to recreate existing armies, its not difficult you just use the inquisitor codex alongside it.

The special characters as rumored at gone, BUT the relics section lets you effectively portray them (functionally) on the table. This lets people convert to their heart's content without conflict as to what is/is not the right way to represent one character or another.

Unlike space wolves and Orks there is no follow up supplement for Grey Knights. It's all in the book already.

Draigo makes paladins troops, but they have to be 4 or more models or else remain elites.

Things got a little bit cheaper to bring them in line with the new base marine costs.

Librarians still require terminator armor.

Land raiders are dedicated transports for strike squads as well.

Deep striking via teleport got more precise.

Grand strategies are warlord traits.

There are 2 new kits only one of which is a vehicle

Have some very unique rules for when playing against daemons primary. /Both/ armies get buffs (fluff wise because GKs only show up when the situation is super dire)

So to reiterate: book is about the grey knights and nothing else cluttering it.

If you want the old book, just grab codex: inquisition to go with it.

It's not GWs fault that TOs are limiting people to two sources. The design process was that the book was too bloated with choices that had nothing to do with grey knights, thus didn't need to be there.

Does it mean less options? Sort of, if you only have one book, but in return you get a more balanced army that isn't being weighed against the strength of inquisitorial henchmen when considering the potency of "GK troops," allowing for a much stronger book if you wanted to play just knights.

Crowe doesn't make purifiers troops in the traditional way, but he has a formation that's him with 2-6 units of purifiers in transports.

In this formation he gets a bodyguard of the new unit that are based roughly on his "story" per se and is the only way to give him a retinue as he is not normally an independent character.

More will hit the internet soon I'm sure but that's all I can say for now
    White Dwarf #29 cover - Grey Knights Confirmed 8-11-2014
    One of Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/k2bCPIsJkNE/grey-knights-new-info-emerges-along.html"]birds[/URL] said: 8-11-2014
    All Pre-Orders August 16th
    Release Date August 23rd

Sanctus Reach
    Sanctus Reach: Hour of the Wolf $49.50 Hardback

Space Wolves
    Warriors of the Fang $170 Plastic box
    Space Wolves Skyclaws $37 Plastic box
    Space Wolves Long Fangs $37 Plastic box

Grey Knights
    Codex: Grey Knights $49.50 Hardback
    Codex: Grey Knights (limited edition) $110 Hardback Book (web only)
    Datacards: Grey Knights $8 Cards
    Grey Knights Purifier Squad $33 Plastic box
    Grey Knights Strike Squad $60 Plastic box
    Grey Knights Paladin Squad $50 Plastic box
    Grey Knights Nemesis Dreadknight $53.75 Plastic box
    Grey Knights Land Raider $74.25 Plastic box
    Grey Knights Venerable Dreadnought $46.30 Plastic box
    Grey Knights Stormraven Gunship $82.50 Plastic box

Black Library
    Horus Heresy: Horus Rising $9.99 Novel
    Grey Knights Omnibus $17.50 Novel
    Sanctus Reach: Blood on the Mountain $24 Novel
    Sanctus Reach: Volume 2 $90 other book (web only)
    via [URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2014/08/noticias-portada-y-confirmaciones-de.html"]La Taberna De Laurana[/URL] 8-12-2014

Name:	assassins-dataslate.jpg 
Views:	1097 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	10519Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GK-prices.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	10520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GK-unit-boxes.jpg 
Views:	1425 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	10521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grey-knight-codex-cover.jpg 
Views:	1024 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	10522
    Via[URL="https://www.facebook.com/mexork"] Mexican Ork[/URL] 8-13-2014

GK-Rules / FOC
    "warlord may re-roll his warlord trait. Furthermore you can make reserve rolls for the shock troops in the first round. Troops appear at 3+ and are able to run and shoot (or shoot and run). All units must be Grey Knights faction."
    Attachment 10527
    Pics via [URL="http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/08/grey-knights-plotki-2-rumours-2.html"]Grot Orderly[/URL]: 8-14-2014
    Attachment 10599Attachment 10600Attachment 10601Attachment 10602

Voice of the Chaos Gods says:

Codex Inquisition have a paper edition. The work is almost finished.

The order of the next releases is:
    Grey Knights
    Dark Eldar
    Blood Angels
    Inquisition
    Necrons

Warhammer Visions magazine will end publication at year end.
    via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292163-grey-knights-7e-codex-rumor/page-8#entry3782428"]Brovius[/URL] on B&C: 8-19-2014
    Wargear
    ~Psycannons became Salvo 2/4 as expected. Heavy Psycannon has a dual profile, area saturation is the same (Heavy 1, large blast) but has a Salvo 3/6 option too.
    ~Purifiers inflict Soulblaze on all melee attacks, Incinerators have Soulblaze as well.
    ~Librarians are cheeeeeeeeeaaaap. We're talking ML3 (still in TDA) for the price of a current Psyriflemen dread (unfortunately Psybolts really are gone now)
    ~Brother-Captains are ML1, can be upgraded to a GM (+1A and ML2) for the same price as the GM's current ML-upgrade. Still under the 200pt mark.
    ~Nemesis Force Weapons have a few reworks. No more +1 invuln in melee for swords, halberds are +1S instead of +2I and the warding stave is +2S, AP4 and grants Adamantium Will.
    ~Paladin Apothecary is the same price as the current Apothecary upgrade (a solid 55pts less) and becomes a character. As reported, NFWs now cost points to upgrade, the previously spoiled figures are correct.
    ~The Titansword is +3S and AP2, all NFW have Daemonbane (successful Force activation grants rerolls to wound and armour pen against Daemons.
    ~NDK is a Monstrous Creature (character), same base cost, and all it's options got cheaper. PT is 45 points less than before, and the melee upgrades are dirt-cheap. With how awesome Psylencers are now, you'll be glad to know the Gatling Psylencer dropped 5pts.

RELICS!!
    ~The Soul Glaive is a halberd that lets you reroll failed Force tests, and while Force is in effect, the weilder rerolls to hit, wound and armour pen rolls. Costs as much as a GK Strike.
    ~The Bone Shard of Solor gives the weilder a 3++ while within 12" of a Daemon, increasing to a 2++ for Daemons of Khorne within the same distance. Half a GK Strike in points
    ~Domina Liber Daemonica grants 1 extra psychic power but has to be rolled on the Sanctic chart. The bearer and all friendly GK units within 6" reroll 1s on psychic tests from Sanctic. Costs as much as a GKT Psycannon
    ~Cuirass of Sacrifice is TDA with FnP and IWND, costs 5 points less than a GK Strike
    ~The Nemesis Banner is a 12" Fearless bubble for GKs, GKs in the squad get +1A and Daemons treat the fearless bubble as dangerous terrain, but is pretty pricey and only available for Paladins (as is the Brotherhood banner).
    ~The Fury of Deimos is an Assault 3, 36" master-crafted Storm Bolter with Precision Shot. Not too bad, same points cost as the Bone Shard.

Sanctic is repeated in the book (so no new powers), squads have the same psychic powers as they do in the FAQ, except that Purifiers have Banishment, Hammerhand AND Cleansign Flame. BCs, GMs and Librarians have the same power access as before. Draigo has Gate of Infinity!
    No new characters or units as predicted/previously rumoured.

Still no Psycannon upgrades for vehicles.

Formation
    There's a biiiig formation though (fittingly called a GK Brotherhood) with a pretty awesome benefit. If you take...

1 Grand Master
    1 Brother Captain
    3 Strike squads
    3 Terminator squads
    2 Interceptor squads
    2 Purgation squads
    1 Dreadnought
    1 NDK

...you get Rites of Teleportation (as per the other formation) and Psychic Brotherhood (While the GM is alive, all models in the formation harness Warp Charges on a 3+).

The Aegis is as per the FAQ, all GKs have Purity of Spirit (Which is just the rule that means GKs only Perils by rolling two or more 6's when using Sanctic powers unless otherwise stated (I think this means they'd still Perils if they failed to cast Vortex of Doom).
    TGS is the warlord chart, basically.

Warlord Traits:
    1) Daemon-slayer- Warlord gains Hatred: Daemons and when casting Banishment, harnesses Warp Charges on a 2+
    2) Hammer of Riteousness- Warlord and unit have Hammer of Wrath
    3) Unyielding Anvil- Warlord and GKs within 12" have Stubborn
    4) First to the Fray- A nod to poor Mordrak, Warlord and unit automatically arrive first turn when Deep Striking and can reroll the scatter
    5) Perfect Timing- Warlord and unit gain Counterattack
    6) Lore Master- Warlord knows one more psychic power than normal, must be generated from Sanctic

Tac Objectives
    ...are pretty cool and mostly fluffy, as follows: (they replace results 11-16 on the chart)

11) Destroy the Daemon- 1 VP for killing at least one unit of Daemons. d3 VPs for killing at least 3, and d3+3 if you somehow manage to kill 6 or more! Not limited by turn, going by the wording.
    12) Psychic Communion- 1 VP if you've successfully manifested 3 powers this turn. d3 if you manage to rattle off 6 powers.
    13) No Witnesses!- 1 VP at the end of your turn if every enemy IC has been removed as a casualty.
    14) Deeds of Legend- 1 VP if a GK killed an opponent in a challenge this turn. d4 if it was an IC or MC.
    15) Teleport Attack - 1 VP if you killed a unit with a GK unit that deepstriked, shunted or was teleported by Gate of Infinity this turn
    16) Rites of Exorcism- When generated, opponent chooses one objective marker. 1 VP if you control the named marker at the end of your turn, or d3 VPs if you control it at the end of the turn this card was generated.
    Last edited by Bigred; 08-19-2014 at 04:44 PM.

hopefully if it's model light GKs at least are gonna get some spiffy new toys from codex: space marines.

heck I could see, if they keep Inq in their pages giving the inqusition an Inqusitional Taurox.

Isn't this most likely to be a formation or detachment rather than a full codex, it'll be a few weeks yet before there's a full new dex of any description as GW need to depreciate SW for a bit first....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

Definitely seems weird to me that they're rushing out a Grey Knights dex so quickly after Space wolves (I was really expecting a Fantasy release) but AFAIK there has been a big increase in talk of Grey Knights recently. And they are in the Sanctus Reach part 3 book so maybe that's a hint?

Makes sense, most of their range is complete so they can put out a new book, hopefully see a boost in sales without having to invest much into kits.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I can totally see a splash release as part of the ongoing Sanctus Reach carnival, for sure.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I hope we get the Prognosticar Hyperion this time.. And GK to feel as elite in skills as they are described..

And more things in general than just point adjustments :P

[url]http://waaaghgaming.de/informationen-zu-den-grey-knights/[/url]

"For our english friends, I try to translate these information:

It is very likely that we will see the Codex some time soon.
    The Interactive Edition of the Space Wolves Codex contains the Army Builder for the Grey Knights including points cost.

- Libby (Librarian?) much cheaper
    - Terminators cheaper (2 points more than a Chaos Terminator, still Troops Choice)
    - no new Units
    - Inquisition no longer in the Codex
    - Draigo Lord of War

There is more to read:
    Techmarine is still in the Codex
    Mordrak and Thawn are out, same for every entry without a modell

- Points cost of the Strike Squad is unchanged
    - The number of heavy Weapons in a squad has not changed
    - halberd costs 2 pts for all units, falchions 4, warding staff 5 and hammer 10
    - The ranged weapons have been changed, flamer 5, psilencer 10, psycannon 15
    - The close combat weapons for the terminators cost the same as for the non terminators but ranged weapons are 5 points more

I hope you can understand what I wrote hear. "

Brother-Captain

boo, boo I say. I'd have thrown down for Grand Master Mordrak and His Amazing Ghost Knights as a big box and I'll be super sad if the GK don't get a new silly kit.

Baron - House Descanso

I have some pics form a french forum.They can confirm that mistake form GW:
    [url]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/08/confusion-en-el-requisition.html[/url]

Views:	772 
ID:	10453

Views:	772 
ID:	10453

Name:	29401f115d54984cce537bc022aeb351.jpeg 
Views:	444 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	10454
    But I'm not sure.I put in my blog my own ideas but I need more opinions and ideas...
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast