BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Am I right in thinking that what we're seeing with the GK codex is the most flagrant money grab GW has ever done? Taking a codex, gutting out half the rules, gutting out characters who lack a model, and leaving existing GK players with the option to buy the GK codex, the Inquisition codex when it comes out, and the assassin dataslate?

That they're replacing the old £20 codex with a collection of three books totalling £70, only with less options overall, because no miniature = no rules?

And I'm supposed to get excited about this?! The chance to replace my existing codex with one which is basically going to be a cut-paste job with less stuff for over three times the price?!

That's absolutely f***ing despicable behaviour. Absolutely f***ing despicable.
    I see your frustration but the last codex was a little while ago now, the splitting into three separate products will be better for the game long term and GW I think, so I can see that it's justified.... Even if it's going to cost a bit more.... So long as each codex lasts for a few years then I think £70 isn't that bad in relative terms
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

the splitting into three separate products will be better for the game long term
    HOW?

How does making players need two codexes and a ten quid dataslate help anyone?

Even if it's going to cost a bit more
    Son, I admire your brass balls in having the barefaced audacity to call what is an over 300% price rise 'a bit more'. Not all of us have our own money printing machine, though, so you'll forgive me if I refer to it as a despicable amount, rather than 'a bit more'.

Bottom line, they're not releasing new models, the rules are largely the same, the whole thing is underwhelming, and they're asking 300% over the previous prices for updated points costs and nothing else.

Despicable. They deserve to lose their customers, just like they have been.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

I don't feel bad at all about them splitting off Inquisition and Assassins. They were all shoehorned in together in the first place. Each getting a shoddy copy-paste job sucks, but as far as splitting off the different units they way they should be split goes, I find all the complaining amusing. Though Inquisitors and warbands really should be another dataslate HQ available to the forces of the Imperium as opposed to a tiny little codex.

But if the new GK codex really is a copy-paste with half the unique wargear and special rules missing and only a few tweaked points, I'm not getting the codex. It is not worth $50 for that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I know it's probably a conversion but part of me is hoping the two rifleman dreads shown in the WD can be made out of the Venerable Dreadnought kit and that they're not just a repackage

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I don't feel bad at all about them splitting off Inquisition and Assassins. They were all shoehorned in together in the first place. Each getting a shoddy copy-paste job sucks, but as far as splitting off the different units they way they should be split goes, I find all the complaining amusing. Though Inquisitors and warbands really should be another dataslate HQ available to the forces of the Imperium as opposed to a tiny little codex.

But if the new GK codex really is a copy-paste with half the unique wargear and special rules missing and only a few tweaked points, I'm not getting the codex. It is not worth $50 for that.
    How were they shoehorned together? They've been hanging out since Grey Knights started wearing power armor. Shoot, before that they were all hanging out with the Sisters and Arbites because they're all bits and bobs. None of these groups is a real and complete army and the reduction of them further into components is just painful.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    How were they shoehorned together? They've been hanging out since Grey Knights started wearing power armor.
    Grey Knights have been in Power Armour since 1988, so that assertion is patently false.

the reduction of them further into components is just painful.
    This +1.

It's just a shameless way to squeeze money out of people. F***ing disgraceful.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    How were they shoehorned together? They've been hanging out since Grey Knights started wearing power armor. Shoot, before that they were all hanging out with the Sisters and Arbites because they're all bits and bobs. None of these groups is a real and complete army and the reduction of them further into components is just painful.
    The Sisters were never linked to the Inquisition originally. The reason they added them to the Witchhunters book was because the design team at the time was infatuated with the then new =I= game (this from an interview that I attended at GD back when DH/WH were released). Some time after that I think it was Jervis who said they should probably not have included them because they were Ecclesiarchy forces, not Inquisition ones and the plan was to fix it some time in the future. Unfortunately for the ladies they never got around to doing a proper codex for them, instead just publishing a craptastic PDF and the lame e-codex they have now .

Chapter-Master

Assassins aren't actually part of the Inquisition, either. They're commanded directy by the high lords of terra.

They were originally in the same codex because they were an eclectic mix half dozen disparate forces that just didn't fit anywhere else, so they all got put in one place. Which was better than nothong, but meant if you wanted to play an Assassin, you were forced to take Grey Knights or something. The ability to use an Inquisitor was extremely limited.

Now, though, you can stick an assassin in any army you want, just like you should be able to. Grey Knights actually have their own codex, instead of being forced to share with roommates. This is how it should be set up, not that these still don't seem to be lazy copy-pastes.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Now, though, you can stick an assassin in any army you want, just like you should be able to. Grey Knights actually have their own codex, instead of being forced to share with roommates. This is how it should be set up, not that these still don't seem to be lazy copy-pastes.
    This. I agree wholeheartedly with the separation, but the implementation they are choosing leaves a lot to be desired .

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast